Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Hi Everyone. Bought HO for motorhome

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi Everyone. Bought HO for motorhome

Post  Finvarra on 30.01.15 9:49

Hi Everyone, had a a good look around tis forum, it's an informative and friendly place to be!

We retired this year and spend a lot of time away in our motorhome. It has a gas oven and hob, which is fine in this country, but this year we are going abroad and we don't have the gas system they use over on the continent, so wanted to some form of electric cooking. Have looked at the Remoska, and having an electric hotplate, but they didn;t seem to do everything I want. I bake my own sourdough bread twice a week, so wanted something that would bake. I do cook while we are away as it keeps costs down, and I like cooking! It looks as if the HO will do everything I need. I've ordered the Andrew James 7 litre oven from Amazon, it was only £25 and comes with all the accessories. Had a Christmas voucher, so it hardly cost anything, which is a bonus! It is 1000 watts, so hopefully will be OK on French hookups. I expect the larger size would have been more useful, but space is limited, plus the wattage is a big consideration.

Any motorhomes/caravanners out there got one?

Cheers
Finvarra

Finvarra

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi Everyone. Bought HO for motorhome

Post  Admin on 30.01.15 14:13

Welcome to the forum Finvarra

I bet you can't wait for this day to come. (The last day at work)

The bigger HO would have been best. You just have to cook smaller portion, make smaller loaf, etc

Junie does a lot of travelling in her motorhome, but she hasn't been here for a while. May be she is too busy globetrotting  Laughing

Au revoir Finvarra

welcome-banner.gif

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Finvarra on 02.02.15 11:33

Hi Reeta, thanks for the welcome. Hopefully it should arrive today, looking forward to experimenting. I hope the smaller die will be OK, there are only two of us and I won't be cooking things to freeze whilst away. If I really like it I could always get a bigger one for home! :-)

Finvarra

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 02.02.15 23:39

Finvarra wrote:. If I really like it I could always get a bigger one for home! :-)

Bet you, you will!

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Motorhome

Post  stevec195 on 07.02.15 19:00

I bought the Aldi halogen oven, I live in my motorhome, use it at least 4 times a week, also bought an induction hob, both fantastic.....Off to make lemon curd bread and butter pudding now

stevec195

Back to top Go down

Post  Finvarra on 08.02.15 10:35

Hi Stevec, have you used yours abroad, what wattage is it? I have just discovered that the electricity on aires is limited, so am thinking twice about taking it now. I will get a hot plate though. The HO just fits neatly in the oven, so I may reconsider, got a few weeks to decide. Have been experimenting this week with mixed results. Cooked pork beautifully and in the right time, but scones took 20 mins instead of 15, a cake that should haven taken 25 mins took one hour 40 mins, and I gave up on a lentil Dahl. After an hour an finished it in the Microwave. Going to test it with a thermometer.

Finvarra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 17:20

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum