Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Help! What possessed me

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help! What possessed me

Post  LesleyM on 25.01.15 18:02

I was considering what to cook tonight when I noticed my local Co-Op has a half price offer on a full shoulder of New Zealand lamb so I thought roast lamb, mint sauce, goosefat roast potatoes (since it's no longer Xmas a jar of goosefat costs very little) and use up the last of that asparagus I got the other day perhaps with cheese and certainly some butter. And it's so HUGE that tomorrow it'll be cold lamb and chips for Dave and cold lamb sandwiches for me for the next few days so suddenly £8 doesn't sound so bad

I now realise there are no instructions.....I've wrapped it loosely in foil at 200 for an hour (I know it'll take at least 2 hours but my timer doesn't go past an hour and after an hour I can assess it and turn it over)

I'm guessing after 2 hours I add the potatoes for another 30 minutes then serve

But I am really outside my comfort zone here so if anyone can advise it would be appreciated!

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Re: Help! What possessed me

Post  LesleyM on 25.01.15 20:51

WOW! It came out beautiful!

LesleyM

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 26.01.15 20:06

Sorry no one was around for support Lesley. I am glad it was a success in the end.

You will be writing your own cookbook soon Idea

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 26.01.15 22:45

I just went with if in the end it looks cooked shove a knife through it and if the juice runs clear it's done. It was fabulous- I took some cold in sandwiches to work today and Dave had a big plate of it cold with chips and pickles tonight. There's still a lot left for tomorrow and my cats are being really nice to us as they'll get any leftovers,

I had domestic science at school (a long time ago) and was a disaster (even if we don't mention when I set fire to the classroom) over the years it's been a running joke that apart from stews (I make a good one) if it couldn't be microwaved/boiled or fried I couldn't cook it. And now I turned out a nice lamb roast with goosefat roasted spuds with buttered and cheesed asparagus?

It's taken many years but I think I've finally for this cooking lark thanks to my HO

LesleyM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 23:50

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum