Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Just joined

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just joined

Post  BobbyD on 17.01.15 2:45

Back when I was a soldier living in the barracks, I used an American Harvest Jet Stream oven and loved it. That was in the 1990's. I now have the Fagor Halogen oven (against my Italian wife's skepticism) and used it once only for pork chops. I put them on the bottom rack, but with the pan underneath and they came out tasty and not dry at all, but did not brown at all. Now my Italian wife's skepticism is telling me, "I told you so!" So it's gotten harder to justify the purchase, so I really need some help from this web site! LOL! I suppose I should have left the pan out and turned them after a few minutes, but didn't have any specific guidelines for this oven cooking pork chops. Anyway, I haven't been able to find a simple recipe for just pork chops in this oven and now that I've found this web site, I think I might just find any recipe. Great site.

BobbyD

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Just joined

Post  LesleyM on 17.01.15 18:06

The bottom tray might be a bit low for them to brown properly. I put the chops on foil on the air fryer ring with an extender ring over that and about 5 minutes before the end I turn them over so the bottom browns- Delciious!

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyD on 17.01.15 19:12

Thanks LesleyM. I don't know what type of oven you have. I have the Fagor Halogen oven. Set up may be a bit different for each type and brand but I believe the principle and end result are the same. When you say the air fryer ring, I assume you mean the low rack with the non-stick frying pan on top, as that's what it states in the user manual that came with the Fagor Halogen oven for air frying and very little or no oil. It has no mention of using the extender ring for air frying, just as an extender when cooking something larger than the bowl. When I tried it, I put the pan under the lower rack instead of on it. Don't know why I did it that way, but this time I'll try your way with foil and see how it goes. What were your time and temp settings and did you put any oil at all on the chops? cool

BobbyD

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 18.01.15 0:38

Nope the air fryer ring is an extension ring that sits on top of the bowl and has a grille floor to it for putting stuff on

I have an Andrew James 12ltr and for chops I have the air fryer topped with an extender ring so the heating element isn't too close (or you could have them on the high rack with an extender ring or a low rack- I find the trick is to keep the chops at leasr four inches from the lid or they will get burnt on top)

I don't add oil unless I am also roasting vegetables (But that goes on top of the veggies not over the meat). Chops will generate their own fat to cook in.

Basically for 4 large chops- place on foil, season if you wish, turn HO to 200 for 10 minutes then turn chops over and do them for 5 minutes. This is for well done chops if at the 10 minute stage when you look at them they are done to your satisfaction then serve otherwise adjust the next stage according to taste

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:50

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum