Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Recipes For Halogen Oven
Affiliates

Another Newbie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another Newbie

Post  LB39abk on 30.09.14 14:10

Recently had our H/Oven and have cooked a few things with some apprehension !! disappointed that there is SO MUCH guess work and learning to do, it really does make cooking hard.

I can see the gains, as in floaour etc.etc. but perhaps someone can tell me the best way of cooking a "chicken dinner" bearing in mind we do not like cooking in fat from the meat.

Recipe books just don't seem to include how to cook a complete meal, or does everything have to be cooked individually ??? or have I got it all wrong ??

There seems to be a market out there for such a book, and can't understand why someone hasn't taken up the challenge.

Hope someone can help, as I want it to work.
Thanks

LB39abk

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Newbie

Post  pamelainsa on 06.10.14 11:33

I am also new to these ovens.  Only had it about 2 weeks and have done lots with it.  Did a chicken dinner on Saturday.  I rubbed the chicken over with masala (we like spice!) put it on the high rack in a Pyrex dish.  Quartered an onion, placed it around the chicken.  On the lower rack I put a Potato Bake (had partially cooked the potatoes in the microwave).  Then cooked everything for 1 hour at 190.  Turned the chicken over after 30 minutes.  It all worked well and whilst I let the chicken rest in my conventional oven, I put the potato bake on the top rack and let it brown.  Meanwhile I made gravy with the juices from the chicken.  It was lovely.  Chicken skin was very crisp until I put it in the "big" oven and then it went flop!  Sad

My instruction booklet is pretty useless so I have been looking at lots of sites on line.  There is a lot of info out there, just Google it!!

Experiment and have fun!  

Pam in South Africa
pamelainsa

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Newbie

Post  pamelainsa on 06.10.14 11:42

Oh yes, there are quite a few cookery books for the oven.  Check Amazon, but I really don't think they are necessary.  It is just an oven and you can use it the same way as you would a normal grill/oven, just tweek the times.  

On this site there is a free recipe book as well as recipes and there is a link on line to another one.  Hope this helps you.  It is a PDJ file so easy to read/save.

Happy Cooking!

Pam in South Africa (again Smile
pamelainsa

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum