Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Another Newbie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another Newbie

Post  LB39abk on 30.09.14 14:10

Recently had our H/Oven and have cooked a few things with some apprehension !! disappointed that there is SO MUCH guess work and learning to do, it really does make cooking hard.

I can see the gains, as in floaour etc.etc. but perhaps someone can tell me the best way of cooking a "chicken dinner" bearing in mind we do not like cooking in fat from the meat.

Recipe books just don't seem to include how to cook a complete meal, or does everything have to be cooked individually ??? or have I got it all wrong ??

There seems to be a market out there for such a book, and can't understand why someone hasn't taken up the challenge.

Hope someone can help, as I want it to work.
Thanks

LB39abk

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Another Newbie

Post  pamelainsa on 06.10.14 11:33

I am also new to these ovens.  Only had it about 2 weeks and have done lots with it.  Did a chicken dinner on Saturday.  I rubbed the chicken over with masala (we like spice!) put it on the high rack in a Pyrex dish.  Quartered an onion, placed it around the chicken.  On the lower rack I put a Potato Bake (had partially cooked the potatoes in the microwave).  Then cooked everything for 1 hour at 190.  Turned the chicken over after 30 minutes.  It all worked well and whilst I let the chicken rest in my conventional oven, I put the potato bake on the top rack and let it brown.  Meanwhile I made gravy with the juices from the chicken.  It was lovely.  Chicken skin was very crisp until I put it in the "big" oven and then it went flop!  Sad

My instruction booklet is pretty useless so I have been looking at lots of sites on line.  There is a lot of info out there, just Google it!!

Experiment and have fun!  

Pam in South Africa

pamelainsa

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  pamelainsa on 06.10.14 11:42

Oh yes, there are quite a few cookery books for the oven.  Check Amazon, but I really don't think they are necessary.  It is just an oven and you can use it the same way as you would a normal grill/oven, just tweek the times.  

On this site there is a free recipe book as well as recipes and there is a link on line to another one.  Hope this helps you.  It is a PDJ file so easy to read/save.

Happy Cooking!

Pam in South Africa (again Smile

pamelainsa

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:33

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum