Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Hello Everyone!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello Everyone!

Post  Dawnbaby on 26.07.14 5:36

I just got my halogen oven and I have been looking for recipes as well. I found the cookbooks out on Amazon were not what I was expecting. I am a FOODIE! My husband and I try to eat healthy. He suffered a bout with esophogeal cancer last year and he is now in remission. He had his stomach removed during his many surgeries and he is learning to live without it. He now has an intolerance to fats so we do not use them.

So far I have overcooked both chicken and pork chops. LOL Guess this takes some getting used to. I am the type of cook who dives in and just goes for it. I am learning about this H.O. slowly but surely. This site will most definitely help! I have already found a recipe for tandoori chicken which I love! I have a page on Pinterest featuring food. But none of it is made for a H.O. This is now my goal in life, to convert these recipes to the H.O. when I cook them so I can add this info to my page. I will keep you all informed of my progress as I go.

I use homegrown ingredients down to the herbs in my cooking. We also purchased a juicer so we can start enjoying juicing some of our garden veggies this harvest season. I grow as many of them as I can myself. This year I included potatoes and they are doing wonderful! I live in Minnesota and our summer season is short! So I am very busy keeping up my garden most days. I love it though! I even grow flowers. So far just reading a few posts I think this is going to be a great place to have found! Can't wait to meet you folks!

Dawnbaby

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Everyone!

Post  Admin on 27.07.14 5:36

Welcome to the forum Dawn.
overcooking food is something most of us have done when we first started cooking in our HO. You will get it right with practice and a bit of experimenting. 

Your own fruits, you own veggies and flowers too?   cool    Wow! I am jealous  Laughing   

I don’t know where our members are these days – probably too busy cooking. But I am here if you need any advice. Good luck with your recipes project. My best wishes to your husband.

welcome-banner.gif

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Dawnbaby on 27.07.14 6:51

Thanks for the nice welcome Reeta, I very much appreciate it. I am already hooked on the possibilities of this oven. So far I am resetting the circuit breaker if I am running the dishwasher and the oven at the same time, so I won't be doing that again. It is my house's wiring, old and outdated.

I am interested in the recipes and the expertise of the other members who have actually gotten used to their ovens. Already I can tell it is more of an adventure type affair, you just have to try something and than go on from there. I know I overcooked my chicken and pork chops. I know why, I was trying to make sure they were done, not being used to an oven that actually cooks this fast. Things change very quickly in this oven! I checked the temp and in less than five minutes it looked a bit overdone. I stopped it. I checked it and I was right, it was overdone. Now I think I can get an eye for it, something I couldn't easily do in my big oven. It takes my big oven so long to preheat! This one almost instantly heats up. We used it for making warm tortillas for our chicken fajitas tonight. They were done faster than the oven could preheat!

So I am learning and testing my recipes in this oven. Soon I will be giving you folks recipes, I have a zillion of them! Many of them I have created myself. I am the daughter of a baker and I can cook too! Like I said I am a foodie, I love good home cooking. The faster it gets done the better.

Have a great weekend!

Dawn

Dawnbaby

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Everyone!

Post  Sponsored content Today at 13:39

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum