Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Hello from Surrey!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from Surrey!!!

Post  cactus169 on 10.07.14 9:40

Hello all!! I'm new to Halogen oven cooking, although have been conventional cooking for years, quite successfully according to my husband!! Smile I bought a Nuo oven a couple of years ago which just takes up space on the worktop. I really can't get the hang of it! I've been reading the posts on here and you all seem to find it so easy - Where am I going wrong!!!

cactus169

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Surrey!!!

Post  LesleyM on 12.07.14 20:32

I don't know the Nuo but mostly HO cooking does take some practice but once you get used to it- it's lovely. What specific problems are you having?

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Post  cactus169 on 13.07.14 12:45

Hi LesleyM, thanks for replying. The NUO was from Robert Dyas. Burning and overcooking is my main problem!! My latest disaster was a fruitcake, I followed the HO recipe bake at 180 for 20 mins on the low rack. I checked after 10 and the top was burnt black! so I covered it and continued. It turned out OK after I cut the top off!! Welsh rabbit style cheese on toast on the top rack. As soon as the cheese mix started to brown the fan blew it off onto the tray!! I had to laugh!!! I've found a lot more help on the net than 2 years ago and think it could be not pre-heating and maybe I should use the extender ring - what do you think?  Smile

cactus169

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 18.07.14 9:14

cactus169 wrote: think it could be not pre-heating and maybe I should use the extender ring - what do you think?  Smile

I never pre-heat and yes I'd certainly recommend an extender ring especially to avoid things burning

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:25

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum