Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Fan failed

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fan failed

Post  chrisjaz on 22.06.14 15:36

I have had my HO oven from Andrew James bought in April not used an awful lot however the temp is only going to 50 , changed the bulb no joy , then realized the fan was not working .
I have sent them an email so am waiting to hear from them.
Problem i have is it was delivered to England and now i have moved to France so i wonder what will happen there !.

chrisjaz

THANK YOU : 6

Back to top Go down

Re: Fan failed

Post  Admin on 23.06.14 14:17

You will probably have to pay for the P&P.

Let us know how you get on Chris.

Good Luck 

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Fan Failed Andrew James oven

Post  chrisjaz on 24.06.14 9:12

Been 3 days and still no reply to my email , not impressed so far !!!

So decided to phone , told to send the lid back to be repaired i only got it in April can't believe it !
They are looking into it and may only may send a new base and lid as they are the hinged one .
But doesn't so very good , i thought a family business would look after you better than that.
Tried to say the transport to France could have caused a problem ,i don't think so as it was in the box and didn't move at all.
Will let you know the outcome ! spose to be today but i doubt it !

chrisjaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 25.06.14 12:42

chrisjaz wrote:Tried to say the transport to France could have caused a problem ,i don't think so as it was in the box and didn't move at all.
Just trying to find excuses … shifting the fault onto you.
So many people carry their halogen oven to their caravan and back home every time they take a break and nothing happens.

I hope this get sorted without any stress. Thanks for the update Chrisjaz.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Broken Halogen Oven after 2 months of not a lot of use

Post  chrisjaz on 05.07.14 22:21

Well got onto Andrew James as i didn't get any replies from my email and really they don't want to know cause i live in France ,we get this a lot from people who live in Europe ,what Failing Halogen Ovens !!!!!they wanted me to send the lid back well i have the hinged lid one so it would be that one and they would repaire it , after 2 months not good at all , i said send me a new one i will sent the old one back to you in the box you send it in . Oh i don't think my supervisor will allow this , i should be receiving a new one after 2 months old , if i wait until xmas when i may be going back to England i won't get anywhere with it as it will be much older and no way would they replace it plus the time factor we only go for 2 weeks .
I didn't receive any replies to emails , so i rang them and still no joy, there customer service is atroscious i thought a family run business would be much more in tune with wanting to keep customers not lose them.
It has been a week and a half now and still nothing from them , i was told it will be 24 to 48 hours snd i will be in touch with you !!! , really i said are you sure as i didn't get any reply from my emails before ! oh yes i will be ! Ha Ha !!! such lies !!!!
I just can't believe it , i should have bought one off ideal world or another shopping channel .
i would say don't buy off Andrew James they don't want to know you after the sale !!!

chrisjaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 05.07.14 23:19

Hi Chrisjaz,

You will find a lot of useful info and help here

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act  

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/action/letter-to-ask-for-a-faulty-item-to-be-repaired-or-replaced-

Please don't leave it too long to act because you have time on your side. I do believe you can ask for a refund for faulty goods within 6 months of purchase.

Good luck

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fan Failed ,Here are the terms and conditions on their website

Post  chrisjaz on 10.07.14 11:46

Not sure where i stand with the letters you kindly sent me .What do you think ?

This is on their site :-

Should you be less than satisfied with anything we have sent you, please contact us within 7 days of receiving your order and then send it back to us within 14 working days, unused and with the original packaging. We can then issue a refund within 30 days.

In the unlikely event of something proving faulty after use, please advise us immediately so that we can issue a replacement.

Please note as of 1st February 2014, your purchase comes with a 24 months fixed warranty. Should you need to return your product to us, we will endeavour to repair it in the first instance within 30 days, and if it is beyond equitable repair, we will send you a replacement product.

After the 7 day period, refunds will not be issued; only repair and replacements will be issued within the warranty period.

Please note that the return costs are not pre-paid. Postage or other return costs will be the customer’s responsibility and will be reimbursed by us only in the case of damaged, faulty or incorrectly supplied goods. You must return the goods, together with their packaging, in the same condition as supplied to you with a letter of correspondence. This must include your order number and the original name and delivery address information. Please also include the reason for return.

Important Please Note:

All returned UK parcels must be sent by the cheapest possible way as stated below-

For Items that are under 1kg in weight: Royal Mail 1st or 2nd Class must be used as the method for return.

For parcels over 1kg in weight: The Collect + system must be used as the method for return. For returns that are over 30cm (Length) x 30cm (width) x 50cm (height) please contact us on 0191 3778358 / 08443358464 or email us at customerservices@andrewjamesworldwide.com as you will need to arrange an alternative returns method.

The Collect+ returns cost is £3.99

Details on collect + can be obtained at the following link:
http://www.collectplus.co.uk/returns/new/andrewjames

Please note that we will not refund any returned items by Recorded or Special Delivery or any other courier method than otherwise stated.

Please note that International Buyers are responsible for all postage costs including return costs. We will refund UK postage costs only. We will reimburse postage to international customers, in the case of damaged, faulty or incorrectly supplied goods only (as stated above).

You can contact our returns department on 0844 335 8464 or 0191 3778358.

Christina

chrisjaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 12.07.14 16:03

A new appliance has broken down after 2 months, that is not acceptable.

Did you pay with a credit card? May be they can help you.

With Paypal you can open a dispute.

Hope you get it resolved soon.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Andrew james Fan failed

Post  chrisjaz on 21.07.14 10:22

HI ,
Well telephoned again and got though to a guy named James , after a lot of " not happy should not have gone wrong , really it's not my fault it went wrong and i don't think i should have a repair , you should be replacing it ! "I told them how bad the customer service was , no replies ect ...
He agreed to replace the black part which is the hinged lid and base with a new one , first i said can i have a white one this time yes whichever one you want , ok i said i do prefer the black one only i am worried in case you just repair it and send it back , no no i won't do that he tells me , so i have gone for the black one.
I have to send it back to them from France to UK Bowburn and pay postage and they will send it back and pay postage to here which i thought was ok , i have taken the bulb out as instructed to do and will get one with a bulb in , he says it will all be tested before it leaves them , they all are doesn't mean after 2 months same thing could happen !!
Anyhow i am going to post it today , i'm sure it will cost a few bob !! big box weighs 3.8kg will let you know how i get on.
Thanks for all your responses on this really appreciate it .
Ragards

Christina

chrisjaz

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisjaz on 22.07.14 15:23

Hi ,
Just to keep you up to date , packed my base and hinged lid back to Andrew James for a replacement .Big box would have been better if I had the other type !just a lid would be going back, anyhow it,s going to take a week and cost of. 25.25. Euros wow !I hope the remember they said that they will pay for return postage !.

chrisjaz

Back to top Go down

New Oven

Post  chrisjaz on 26.08.14 9:43

Well everyone still waiting to get my oven back , said it will take 30 days don't know why !!!
Well this morning Aldi here in France have one on Saturday for 29.99 euros bargin !! so i am going to buy one , should have not sent the other back and just bought this , however i couldn't find one anywhere at the time , sods law !!!.At least it will be back up !Can't wait to get back cooking with it.
Will let you know when i get my oven back from Andrew James .

chrisjaz

Back to top Go down

Aldi Halogen Oven

Post  chrisjaz on 31.08.14 10:30

Ok , went yesterday to Aldi here in France and bought my Halogen Oven for 29.99 euros pretty good to , the tall rack is better it has a little bend on the bottom of each foot so the stand won't tip over, the tray is filled more so food won't fall through , one thing is the side handles aren't as strong ,everything else is fine and a 3 year warranty , i wonder when my Andrew James one will arrive , sent an email on Thursday still no reply , i just can't believe the customer service of this company !.

chrisjaz

Back to top Go down

Hurray i have my Halogen Back Update

Post  chrisjaz on 03.09.14 10:26

Well what arrived yesterday was my Halogen Oven back from Andrew James at last !!! I opened the box to find a brand spanking new one with all the bits and bobs that comes with it , i only expected the( base and lid as it is the hinged one ) as that is what i had to send back to them, what a surprise !.
I am going to keep using the Aldi one as it has 3 years warranty and put the new one away till it's needed ,
So thank you to Andrew James although i still say the customer service is very good , i did have to promp them to get things sorted.

chrisjaz

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 05.09.14 7:33

This should compensate for all the hassle Smile 
I am glad it's sorted for you. You can start your halogen cooking again.

Good Luck

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 21:37

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum