Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Hi from a halodummy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi from a halodummy

Post  Tsuntsu on 02.05.14 20:22

Most of my cooking is now just for one so my electric oven was far too large and costly most of the time.
Have had my Andrew James HO for just a couple of weeks so I'm still experimenting but have found the Sarah Flower cook books very helpful.
There is a mention in a few recipes of a medium rack. Can anyone help with this? The HO came with two racks which I thought were High and Low so I'm well confused. perhaps I'm just being stupid.
have been dipping into the various bits of this site and am loving them and am sure I'll find a lot of tips and recipes to suit.
If its any help I splashed out a bit more to get the hinged lid version and am so pleased I did as I have a small kitchen and not needing to find extra space for the lid is a blessing.
Hope to become a Halogenius very soon
 I\'m new here 
Cheers

Tsuntsu

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from a halodummy

Post  Admin on 03.05.14 22:15

Hi Tsuntsu,

What an introduction! "dummy"  "confused"  "stupid"  
I can't wait to meet Grumpy, Dopey . . .   lol! 

I am not aware of a medium rack.  
Let's hope someone will tell us if they've got a medium rack with their halogen oven.

Anyway I am glad you have joined us.
If you need any help please just ask - don't be "bashful"  Smile 

welcome

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 04.05.14 21:31

Never heard of a medium rack....although if you're using an air fry ring with an extender then the top rack does end up in the middle position in terms of height where I use it to roast veggies with a little oil for 10 minutes before loading the air fryer rack for 20 minutes- works brilliantly for sausages and roasted veggies

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 04.05.14 21:45

Tsuntsu wrote:Most of my cooking is now just for one so my electric oven was far too large and costly most of the time.

Its a bit like us- there's just the two of us and also as I work and Dave can't we'd often eat at different times and to be honest it was so often easier to get a takeaway as our big oven took too long to heat up never mind the cost! Got my HO in January and maybe have had one takeaway since if that- paid for itself in the first two weeks

Since I got mine I know of 2 cases where the people involved work shifts so one would come in and put the oven on then later the other one would and it cost a fortune on their bills as their oven was so big- they're converted along with a friend who lives on his own and likes as I do getting in from work and rather than either waiting for the oven to heat up and cooking or warming up a microwave ready meal loading something into the HO even if it's just oven chips and a Birds Eye chicken breast, which takes about as long to load as it would a microwave then being able to sit down and leave it for 20 or so minutes then get nicer food out than you would from a microwave...

Another friend lives in a bedsit and doesn't like the kitchen but he has a sink in his room and enough space for a 7ltr and a microwave he's a vegetarian and reckons he can feed himself just fine with that combo

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:16

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum