Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Hi Everyone Andrew James Halogen oven

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi Everyone Andrew James Halogen oven

Post  chrisjaz on 04.04.14 23:57

Well i have just bought my Halogen Oven and now need to know how to get the best out of it , the first thing i cooked was a piece of pork and i have to say it was delicious !!
I am still unsure how to use it to it's best so i hope this site will help me .
Just downloaded the free recipe book looks good so far .
The oven i bought was Andrew James comes with lots of additions except the air chip fryer , i noticed there is a basket type one for the JML oven , i wondered if it can be used in all Halogen ovens not just that brand
The one for the Andrew James one is very big and more expensive so i am thinking of getting the basket one to try.
Has anyone used it and it has produced good results ?

Last edited by chrisjaz on 05.04.14 9:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wanted to add a bit more to it)

chrisjaz

THANK YOU : 6

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi Everyone Andrew James Halogen oven

Post  Admin on 05.04.14 12:12

Hi Chris,

the Halowave Frying Basket can be used with any 12 litre oven. I haven't used it but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

You will get lots of tips and ideas by reading the posts, when you have some free time. If you can't find what you need just ask and we'll do our best to help you.

We are happy to see you on board Chris.

Welcome

Last edited by Reeta on 05.04.14 16:33; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisjaz on 05.04.14 15:39

Thank you !!!

chrisjaz

THANK YOU : 6

Back to top Go down

jml basket

Post  mouse on 05.04.14 15:44

Hi

I have bought a frying basket from JML for £4.99 and it works perfectly, hope this helps. Mine is the Andrew Janes HO as well

mouse

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 06.04.14 0:36

For well what I paid (some people here have got theirs cheaper) which was £14.99 you should get the air fryer ring (after all a Phillips air fryer is about £179)

I use mine all the time- perfect oven chips with no added oil , lovely fluffy croquettes, potato wedges, chicken breasts, fish fingers, veggie fingers, cod in batter, sausages, hash browns, garlic bread, scampi- it's basically just great for when you come in from work hungry and don't want to mess about or for me in the morning as I have to make breakfast for my disabled partner whilst getting ready for work. Line tray with foil, place whatever you're cooking on foil, have the extender ring on top of air fryer ring, set temp and timer and you're in business

Tonight for example I wanted something quick so I put some fish fingers and some veggie fingers on foil with a garlic bread baguette, extender ring on, temp 180, time 18 minutes then I went off to do some other things for 18 minutes and everything was just right when it came out

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Post  yorkielass on 13.04.14 10:31

The air fryer ring is great and I keep it on all the time as an extender ring as it has handles and just remove the mesh when not needed. I was put off with some reviews before I bought it thinking that I was going to put things too close to the bulb are but honestly its fine, I have done bacon nice and crispy on it and its very close when cooking and have also done sausages (don't pierce them) oven chips are great on it too as well as such as frozen chicken burgers and so on and I cook at same temp as I would in the oven etc so basically so far the closeness to the element has not been an issue at all for me. Good luck

yorkielass

THANK YOU : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 13.04.14 18:56

yorkielass wrote:The air fryer ring is great and I keep it on all the time as an extender ring as it has handles and just remove the mesh when not needed.

I use the air fryer ring with the extender ring on top of it for most quick things- I have that set up right now doing chicken nuggets, specy wedges and garlic bread (I'm hooked on garlic bread- local takeaway £1.99 for 4 small slices- local shop £2.20 for 4 8 inch baguettes! The amount of garlic bread we get through the HO has paid for itself in 3 and a half months just on the savings on garlic bread). I only take it off for some things but I've even roasted chicken breast on it

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 14:42

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum