Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

CAN ANYONE HELP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CAN ANYONE HELP

Post  BigL on 18.03.14 18:06

I have recently bought a Halogen Oven and I have to be honest so far I am less than impressed nothing I have attempted has come anywhere near the results I get from a conventional oven. I have just attempted a loaf of bread and although it looks reasonable when I turned it over to tap the base the thing just wasn't cooked. Similar with a Pizza the top was almost overdone and the base was uncooked, cakes similar, jacket potatoes although cooked through the top centre was the only part crispy. I fully appreciate there is going to be a learning curve but I am expecting to much to think I can get the same results as I would from the normal oven. Any advice please before it is consigned to eBay.

Many thanks

Big L

BigL

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: CAN ANYONE HELP

Post  LesleyM on 18.03.14 20:42

I guess the answer is persistance- they do take some getting used to I started using mine for simple things like frozen chicken breasts and oven chips until I got used to it. Generally the instructions that come with them are very limited and investment in a decent cook book is wise. Also foil is really useful in preventing stuff from burning at the top (as well as keeping the oven clean)

And no you're not expecting too much- I get as good if not better results from the halo as I would from a conventional oven and it's faster and uses less electric. As the nearest I get to making my own bread is part baked baguettes/rolls etc I can't comment on that but someone in here will point you in the right direction same with the cake as I last baked a cake in DS at school.

a lot of it is working out what accessories you need- some stuff cooks better on the high rack with the extender ring on, some with it off, some on the low rack (ditto with the extender ring). I have an air fryer ring as well and that's fantastic for some things .

Remember you can watch how things are cooking and adjust your timing and temp accordingly

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Post  BigL on 18.03.14 20:48

Many thanks at least thats a little reassuring I will persevere.

BigL

Back to top Go down

Post  Badger on 23.03.14 0:18

Big L,
Don't throw the towel in yet'
I have had an HO for only a week, well, two to be honest ! Now have one that I am very happy with.
So any claims are made about different ovens but, the truth is this. Just like conventional ovens takes time to get to get to know them.
My tip is this. Get yourself an oven thermometer and check the temperature, low rack and high rack. Mine cost under £4. Result, first oven that I bought was 40 c down at 200c. ,!
Exchanged it and now I am 20 degrees over at 200 c ! But, I can adjust it and the result is, perfect cooking every time !
Hope that this helps.
Michael

Badger

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

I am still having problems but I will give your suggestion a go , many thanks

Post  BigL on 30.03.14 9:21

Badger wrote:Big L,
Don't throw the towel in yet'
I have had an HO for  only a week, well, two to be honest ! Now have one that I am very happy with.
So any claims are made about different ovens but, the truth is this. Just like conventional  ovens takes time to get to get to know them.
My tip is this. Get yourself an oven thermometer and check the temperature, low rack and high rack. Mine cost under £4.  Result, first oven that I bought was 40 c down at 200c. ,!  
Exchanged it and now I am 20 degrees over at 200 c ! But, I can adjust it and the result is, perfect cooking every time !
Hope that this helps.
Michael

BigL

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:44

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum