Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Low Aldi Oven Temperatures.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Low Aldi Oven Temperatures.

Post  jimford on 11.03.14 20:41

I've had an Aldi oven for a couple of months, but not used it much as my initial trials led me to believe that the actual temperatures set by the control knob were optimistic.

Today I ran some tests, using a thermocouple connected to a microcontroller via a cold junction temperature compensated interface board.

The tests suggested my suspicions were correct - at all settings the oven temperatures were much lower than indicated:

At 125 C setting actual temperature was 73 C.
At 250 C setting actual temperature was 190 C

Intermediate setting gave proportional errors.

The readings were taken at the level of the high grill.

I'm thinking of 'tweaking' the thermostat in an attempt to get better correspondence between the indicated settings and actual temperatures.

In the meanwhile I'll compensate for the errors when using the oven. I'm also waiting for another thermocouple to cross check the readings.

Jim

jimford

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Low Aldi Oven Temperatures.

Post  Admin on 12.03.14 22:31

Hi Jim,
it appears that you have a faulty halogen oven - the element is not working 100%

Soon it/the bulb will stop working completely.

My advice is to return your HO and get a replacement. Did you get a 3 yrs warranty with yours?

Question

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  jimford on 12.03.14 23:27

Reeta wrote:Hi Jim,
it appears that you have a faulty halogen oven - the element is not working 100%

I would think that the thermostat setting is more likely the culprit and that it's unlikely that heating elements would be manufactured with wildly varying resistances such as to give an output error of 20%.

I've got a current meter somewhere. I'll measure the current drawn by the heating element and see if it equates to somewhere around the 1200 watts that's claimed. I've tried measuring the resistance of the bulb when hot, by pulling the plug and making a quick measurement, but the bulb cools down too quickly to get a realistic reading.

Soon it/the bulb will stop working completely.

You seem quite certain of this - have you seen this problem before?

Did you get a 3 yrs warranty with yours?

Yes, and as the oven is only a couple of months old, I've got plenty of time to make a claim!

Thanks for the reply.

Jim

jimford

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 13.03.14 1:15

My Andrew James halogen oven went through something similar. No problem with the thermostat but the element/bulb was not reaching the level of heat it was set to produce.
It's now working fine after my husband replaced the bulb. You get a spare bulb with the Andrew James HO

With my first HO it was not possible to replace the bulb. After about 18 months the same thing happened. We continued to use it at this low heat for about one week until it totally 'died'

Idea

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 22:10

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum