Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Affiliates
Free Recipes

Garlic bread and scampi

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Garlic bread and scampi

Post  LesleyM on 08.03.14 19:22

Yes I know it sounds bizarre but I couldn't make my mind up and my local shop has got an amazing offer on part baked garlic bread(4 big baguettes for £2.20 and I used to pay £1.99 for a small portion from the local pizza place) so I shoved a baguette in with some scampi as they both took the same cooking time and they both came out beautifully!

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Re: Garlic bread and scampi

Post  Reeta on 08.03.14 22:30

Hey Lesley, I could eat garlic bread with anything.

So I guess if there is a list for 'bizarre food lovers', I would be on it  lol!

Reeta
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 09.03.14 21:47

Reeta wrote:Hey Lesley, I could eat garlic bread with anything.

Same here and these were lovely as I said I'm used to paying £1.99 for 4 small bits and by the time they get delivered they're cold and a little greasy. These cost £2.20 for 4 great big baguettes and came out crispy on the outside and lovely and soft inside and far more generous on the garlic than the takeaway ones- now if I can only work out how to add cheese.....

LesleyM

Back to top Go down

Post  yorkielass on 10.03.14 11:10

If I were you I would buy a baguette cut it in half and then smear with garlic puree mixed with butter cook a little then top with cheese yum

yorkielass

THANK YOU : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 10.03.14 21:24

yorkielass wrote:If I were you I would buy a baguette cut it in half and then smear with garlic puree mixed with butter cook a little then top with cheese yum

What can I say? Apart from BURP! I used a garlic baguette to begin with but the result was cheesy garlic loveliness! And that base is so simple but so adaptable- I could have added ham or bacon or some pasta sauce....mushrooms....pineapple.....I could make a sort of pizza from this!

LesleyM

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 15.03.14 18:43

yorkielass wrote:If I were you I would buy a baguette cut it in half and then smear with garlic puree mixed with butter cook a little then top with cheese yum

Yum indeed!I smeared each half with pizza topping added some more garlic then put sliced ham, cheese and some mushrooms on top- fast and delicious

LesleyM

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum