Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Word is spreading

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Word is spreading

Post  LesleyM on 14.02.14 21:44

I was chatting to some friends last night and someone said they were dreading the weekend because they had to clean the oven and someone else said how hard a job it is you know for a start you have to take all the stuff out and I said "No it isn't"

Now since I am famous for my lack of enthusiasm for house work this caused a major stir so I continued "I just wait for the oven to cool down, then leaving the racks in, I put cold water in, add a bit of washing up liquid and switch the wash function on then once it's done I empty it and rinse it out"

Someone said "We're not talking about washing machines you know"

And I said "Neither am I have a halogen oven"

Much interest "You mean an oven that is that easy to clean? How does it cook? Is it any good? Is it expensive? Where do you get it from? Is it hard to use? Do you need special tools?"

Andrew James should give me comission. One person who has recently moved into a bedsit with a rather filthy communal kitchen he doesn't like using is considering one

And two friends who share a house and both do shift work so pretty often they'll cook at seperate times and the cost of pre-heating their large oven both times puts so much on the electric bill that telling them some thing that cooks quicker with no pre heating and runs off an ordinary electric point - they're just deciding which size they want

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Re: Word is spreading

Post  LesleyM on 21.02.14 21:00

I'm starting to feel like a missionary here. The two friends who work shifts have got theirs and thus far are loving it but will keep phoning me up to ask questions. They've found out exactly what I like it about it compared to a microwave. You come in from work, load a microwave and have to wait for a minute or two for some pre-heated rubbish to come out. But they like me have learnt- you come in from work take pretty much the same time as you would to load a microwave then leave it while you sit down, have a coffee, unwind....knowing that soon it will ping and the food will be good even if it's only oven chips and a Birds Eye chicken in breadcrumbs, which may be all you want after a hard day at work. Then when you want to do something a little more special you can do that

LesleyM

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 23.02.14 22:14

And now another friend is ordering one- same thing he lives alone apart from his cat and he's got sick of having to pre-heat the oven which is big enough for a family of four just to cook dinner unless he uses the microwave or gets a takeaway (my local takeaways are sending out search parties I haven't used them in 6 weeks whereas before I used to use them at least twice a week- the HO has long since paid for itself in the last 6 weeks). Like me he likes the idea of coming in from work, taking coat off, loading the HO then sitting down with a coffee and relaxing for a bit then when its finished loading the plate with something decently cooked

LesleyM

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 13.03.14 22:14

They should give me comission! The friend in a bedsit where he doesn't like using the communal kitchen now uses a 10 LTR and loves it- he's got in on top of a chest of drawers (I did give him a friendly tip so he put a heat resistant tray under it) he's got a sink in his room so he can wash things and cook meals without using the kitchen downstairs

Then tonight I was chatting to a friend and said I rather fancied some garlic bread for tea and she said she liked that but the oven takes ages to heat up and I said mine doesn't as I have a halo- I ended up explaining it and she is ordering one- Doesn't need pre-heating? Runs off a wall socket? Cuts down on cooking time? And at a lower temp?

She ain't stupid there's her and her son at home and he works shifts so even the idea he could come home after a shift and just pop something in that would come out better than microwaving stuff?

LesleyM

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 19.03.14 22:12

Met up with the friend and her son- She got one and can't believe how utterly brilliant it is!

He says he likes it for the same reason I do- used to come in from work and shove something in the microwave 'cos it was quick if trash. But he can load the halo then have time for a coffee and sit down for a bit then when it pings take out a well cooked meal

LesleyM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 22:07

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum