Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Hi All im a newbie - sorry if this has posted about 6 times lol

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi All im a newbie - sorry if this has posted about 6 times lol

Post  Christine25 on 14.02.14 21:18

My name is Christine, I don't know if I am introducing myself in the correct area, but hey what it is to explore. I am sure I will soon find out if I am doing it in wrong place. Now time to find my way away around Very Happy

Christine25

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi All im a newbie - sorry if this has posted about 6 times lol

Post  LesleyM on 14.02.14 21:50

Christine25 wrote:My name is Christine, I don't know if I am introducing myself in the correct area, but hey what it is to explore. I am sure I will soon find out if I am doing it in wrong place. Now time to find my way away around Very Happy

The lovely Reeta will be along with support but welcome from me-a halogen user for just short of 4 weeks and loving it!

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine25 on 14.02.14 22:31

Thank you Lesley, I purchased my HO from work yesterday as a customer of mine came in to buy a replacement built in oven, she said she wanted cheap as she very rarely used it (only when all of her large family came over). She mentioned the HO and said she uses that all the time etc etc, so yep she sold me the HO Very Happy . I have spent most of the short time I had today, trying to see idea's of what and how to cook in it. It is still in it's box. I have a gammon joint and thinking of doing that in it instead of slow cooking it (which I normally do). But not sure of temp & timings etc. Whilst I was browsing I found this site and thought wow this will be well good, also speaking to real people Smile so here I am. I thought of also maybe experimenting with my sausages instead of using my Actify. Lesley what have you tried in yours so far may I ask as I got the russell hobbs one and Huh, instructions are rubbish.

Christine25

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 15.02.14 21:39

Christine25 wrote:. Lesley what have you tried in yours so far may I ask .

I can tell you it does great sausages, Fray Bentos pies, other pies, fish fingers, cod in batter, burgers, grill steaks (well they weren't so good but as they were 6 for £2- I suspect them more than the halogen), chicken (Southern Fried/crispy/ with reggae-reggae coating), vegetable fingers, the BEST potato croquettes/oven chips/hash browns/Mexican potato wedges

I even managed a boneless chicken breast joint with roasted vegetables although that came out slighty tough but that was I think because I didn't turn it

LesleyM

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 16.02.14 21:47

I can now add roasted onions, leeks and a gammon joint to my repetoire!

LesleyM

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine25 on 17.02.14 11:32

Mmmm sounds good. Coincidence, I plan to cook my gammon joint today instead of using the slow cooker. I am just going to simple roast it to see how it turns out, how did you do yours? I experimented boiling a Med sized egg straight from the fridge earlier, 200c for 10 mins. Result 3/4 of it uncooked  Sad  maybe I should have turned it and cooked it longer, (I dunno)
I also failed with jacket potatoes, skin did not crisp  alien 

Christine25

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 17.02.14 20:21

You are in the correct area Christine  sunny 

Welcome to the forum

welcome-banner.gif

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 17.02.14 20:55

Christine25 wrote:, I plan to cook my gammon joint today instead of using the slow cooker. I am just going to simple roast it to see how it turns out, how did you do yours?   

It was in a foil container so I wrapped the top in loose foil to prevent it from burning and used the extender ring then put it on the high rack at the temperature suggested for fan assisted oven - 20 degrees and set it for the suggested cooking time and kept a very close eye on it....about 10 minutes before the timer should have pinged it looked as if it might burn on the top so I took the foil off and turned it over then after 5 minutes it looked done and juices were running clear so I took it out, rested it for 5-6 minutes then carved it. It tasted to me just slightly overdone but Dave loved it as he prefers meat well done. (when we have steak I like medium rare and he likes well done, which to me tastes burnt). I did the leeks and the onions in the roasting tray below along with some frozen roast potatoes and a little oil at the same time and they came out beautifully

As for eggs- everyone seems to have problems with them. which given I love eggs is going to be a problem

LesleyM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 20:41

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum