Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

How long does a clean take?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How long does a clean take?

Post  LesleyM on 02.02.14 19:51

Embarassed  Embarassed I decided to clean my oven tonight- it's seen a lot of use this week (and saved a fortune we'd have otherwise spent on takeaways) and has served us well so far. So I put cold water and washing up liquid in and set it to the wash setting then realised I don't know how long it takes so I set it for 20 minutes and it didn't seem to do a very good job...I've since realised this may be because I set to "Thaw" rather than clean Embarassed 

But how long does it take to clean?

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Re: How long does a clean take?

Post  Alan_84 on 03.02.14 11:05

I've never found it necessary to use the "clean" function, I find swabbing out the bowl with warm water keeps the oven perfectly clean. I just wipe the element component with a damp cloth but this part has become stained.

Alan_84

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 16.02.14 23:34

Got it pretty much worked out now during the week I use foil to cook with, which pretty much keeps things clean since once it's cooled down I just remove the foil and shove it in the bin. If any fat falls into the bowl I wipe it off with a damp cloth. On Sunday I let the bowl cool down then fill about half way with cold water, squirt some washing up liquid it in and do it on the wash cycle for 15 minutes or so then I empty the bowl, rinse it out and give the lid and the extender ring a wipe down with a damp cloth and it's pristine for the next weeks work...and Hal the HO gets a lot of work i sort Dave something out for breakfast when I'm getting ready for work- I can shove it in and go off and have a shower and get dressed whilst it cooks. I used to eat a lot in the canteen at work as well but it's so much cheaper and easier for me to just have some toast and a yoghurt/ some dried fruit during the day then then cook for both of us when I get home

LesleyM

Back to top Go down

Post  Badger on 18.03.14 11:24

Hi, I am Michael and new to the forum and HO. I have a JML which has a clean function. I set mine for 15 minutes and it comes out like new!

Badger

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 18.03.14 20:52

I've now got it worked out- I line the base of the bowl with foil (doesn't have to be expensive stuff- cheap will do nicely) and I also use foil in the air fryer both can be balled up and binned at the end of cooking. I wipe any obvious stains out after the oven is cooled down with a cloth with warm water. Once a week I shove water in it to the halfway mark, turns the racks upside down. put some washing up liquid in , run the wash cycle for 15 minutes then empty the water down the sink and rinse with warm water then then wipe the lid and the top with a damp cloth with warm water ditto the extender ring and the outside/inside of the air fryer- the grid on the air fryer I rinse in warm water using a washing up brush to get rid of any burnt bits then I put it all back together apart from the lid to dry out for a few minutes then put the lid back on- it doesn't take as long as it sounds since most of it is letting the wash cycle run

LesleyM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 21:56

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum