Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

New to the toy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New to the toy

Post  annapotter on 01.02.14 18:57

I just got a Halogen Oven as a present but no recipe book.
After looking up information on YouTube I decided to look for more serious information and...here I am!
I hope to learn lots of new things here and who knows, even share something new recipe I discovered. Smile

annapotter

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: New to the toy

Post  LesleyM on 01.02.14 19:49

Well I'm a pretty complete newbie myself only started using it last Sunday and done nothing fancy with it so far as in 2 Fray Bentos pies- the first of which was fantastic although the second one (chicken and mushroom rather than steak and kidney) did burn a bit on the top but was still okay. It also does the best oven chips I've ever had and is great with cod in batter- tonight I'm attempting sausages with oven chips. And it also heats up ready made pies/ pasties etc just lovely

And once you get used to it, which doesn't take long it's dead easy to use. Foil helps a lot- just cheap stuff I use it to make sure any drips from the cooking don't stain the oven so once the foil has cooled down I can just discard it into the bin and I swear by the air wave fryer accesory

I guess the first weeks practical experience has taught me to

1.Check the temp is set properly I managed on my first attempt to "cook" for 5 minutes on a zero temperature

2. Work out how the lid stand sits before you try anything- my first 2 or 3 attempts I managed to lift the lid off and put it in the stand the wrong way then the lid fell over and on one occasion nearly crashed off the worktop but I managed to catch it in time and thankfully was wearing oven gloves at the time

3. The extender ring is the bit that gets hottest or at least the bit that gets hottest with no handle. So treat it with some respect it's the only time I got burnt

And the sausages came out lovely

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Newbie to HO's

Post  ariom on 02.02.14 23:17

Hi all, I had been thinking of buying a HO for about two years and finally bought the one in Aldi a few weeks ago so I'm looking forward to browsing through some recipes and learning how to use it properly. So glad I found this Forum.

Ariom.

ariom

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 03.02.14 22:24

ariom wrote:Hi all,  I had been thinking of buying a HO for about two years and finally bought the one in Aldi a few weeks ago so I'm looking forward to browsing through some recipes and learning how to use it properly.  So glad I found this Forum.

Ariom.

Hi Ariom

Like you I'd heard about them and finally after a friend mentioned the bowl on hers had apparently committed suicide (it was in the kitchen and she heard a crash but the only other person in the house was Boyfriend who was curled up on her lap at the time- Boyfriend being her cat- he got his name because her previous feline resident was a queen who chased off every other cat but him so she used to say "Is that your boyfriend?") and how she had to get another one. So I asked her about them and she said "If theres only the two of you it'll be perfect" and thus far apart from a small hiccups like forgetting to set the temperature on my first attempt until it had been on a couple of minutes (Note: If its on it lights up), attempting to wash but accidentally setting it to thaw and once catching a dropped extender ring with the back of my wrist...

It is so brilliant!

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 05.02.14 9:14

Anna and Ariom, we are happy to see you on board

Welcome 

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down