Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Pre-heating time

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pre-heating time

Post  ustwoandhim on 31.01.14 22:02

hello. I have just bought the Andrew James HO & most recipes (like a conventional oven) say about pre-heating the oven but there is no mention as far as I can see that says for how long. I made a cake this afternoon & it was a bit of a flop! it didn't rise much & gave it longer than suggested & it was still not cooked in the centre. Where have I gone wrong?? any tips would be really welcome. thanks.

ustwoandhim

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre-heating time

Post  LesleyM on 02.02.14 2:16

So far I have never bothered with preheating a friend who has been cooking on halogen for years and when I mentioned I was thinking about getting one urged me on told mr she never preheated the oven she just added a minute or two to the cookimg time

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan_84 on 02.02.14 11:56

Pre-heating not essential with halogen, but if you are still concerned then Lesley's advice is ideal.

Alan_84

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 05.02.14 9:10

ustwoandhim wrote:hello. I have just bought the Andrew James HO & most recipes (like a conventional oven) say about pre-heating the oven but there is no mention as far as I can see that says for how long. I made a cake this afternoon & it was a bit of a flop! it didn't rise much & gave it longer than suggested & it was still not cooked in the centre. Where have I gone wrong?? any tips would be really welcome. thanks.

This post will help you. http://halogenovenrecipes.forumotion.com/t2048-baking-cakes

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  yorkielass on 05.02.14 16:34

I have the same cooker and today did the cake recipe from the manual and I did preheat for 2 mins but the pre set 11 mins is rubbish it took 20 lol

yorkielass

THANK YOU : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 05.02.14 21:10

yorkielass wrote:I have the same cooker and today did the cake recipe from the manual and I did preheat for 2 mins but the pre set 11 mins is rubbish it took 20 lol

Probably the best thing about the halogen is being able to see what's cooking and adjust accordingly. This morning I shoved some frozen hash browns in and when I checked them they appeared to be getting too close to burning and would have burnt on the timings I was using so I just turned the timer down

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzle. on 06.02.14 15:29

I bought my oven in aldis a Delta co 2011, I have used it twice i am seriously thinking about chucking it in the bin it does not cook anything like they advertise.I should have realised when i read the manual it was full of negativety.I could not find one useful tip to help me.And as for self cleaning it leaves at least a 1/2 litre of fat from a medium chicken which is cooked to dry.

dazzle.

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 07.02.14 17:45

Hi Dazzle,
may be your HO is faulty. There was a batch of faulty Delta halogen oven from Aldi in 2011. The company selling them has gone into administration, but Aldi gave a refund to all their HO customers. The 2012 Delta models are not affected

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:33

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum