Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Recipes For Halogen Oven
Affiliates

Newbie and daunted

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newbie and daunted

Post  sbunn25 on 28.01.14 10:22

Hi I am a newbie to Halogen cooking. I have just received my oven and must admit to been slightly daunted by it. I am after a cook book that is simple to follow and mostly everyday recipes, so any suggestions will be welcome.
The reason I bought the oven is we have just started caravanning and thought it would be ideal to use in the awning, does anyone else do this ????
Thanks Stella

sbunn25

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie and daunted

Post  Reeta on 28.01.14 18:12

sbunn25 wrote: ...I have just received my oven and must admit to been slightly daunted by it.
you are not the first Stella - all you need is a bit of encouragement which you will get by reading the tips and advice in this forum. You will also find a few basic everyday recipes in the recipes section.

I remember a few discussions about using the halogen oven in caravan/motor home, and the answer is yes.  More and more caravan owners are using this type of cooking.  

welcome-banner.gif
Reeta
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  sbunn25 on 28.01.14 18:26

Thank Reeta. Just done my first meal in it and was easier than I thought. The chicken was lovely.
Looking forward to using it more in fact might it might turn out to used more often than my cooker.

sbunn25

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 29.01.14 0:11

Newbie myself but for basic stuff so far it's brilliant! We are using it as our main oven since we're only two of us so a big oven is too much in terms of heating up etc. Had amazingly good oven chips tonight- crisp and not greasy. And I suppose the best thing for me so far is the ease of it once it's set up and loaded I can leave it pretty much alone- a quick glance to see how some is doing and that's it

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum