Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

A Newbie to the Group

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Newbie to the Group

Post  Cathnoon on 26.01.14 22:12

Hi, my name is Cath and I am new to Halogen cooking. I'm looking forward to getting lots of hints and tips from you all.

Cathnoon

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: A Newbie to the Group

Post  LesleyM on 26.01.14 23:24

As someone has only been using it for a week-so far so good but I've warmed stuff in it I'd say these are the lessons I have learned so far
1. If you've got a model with a non digital timer don't set the settings until you're ready to start as it start counting down even if it isn't plugged in
2. Oven gloves are very useful but when taking stuff out the tongs are easier to handle
3, Make sure when you finish you have a lid holder ready to recieve- I found mine I couldn't work out which way it went and had to experiment, which when I was holding the lid wasn't a good idea
4. The lid will get very hot- use the handle it's also heavier than it looks

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 27.01.14 20:37

Welcome to the forum Cath

Happy cooking

Welcome 

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 27.01.14 21:40

LesleyM wrote:1. If you've got a model with a non digital timer don't set the settings until you're ready to start as it start counting down even if it isn't plugged in
2. Oven gloves are very useful but when taking stuff out the tongs are easier to handle
3, Make sure when you finish you have a lid holder ready to recieve- I found mine I couldn't work out which way it went and had to experiment, which when I was holding the lid wasn't a good idea
4. The lid will get very hot- use the handle it's also heavier than it looks

You have found exactly the same first things I've learnt in the past week especially the working out the lid holder- the first time I tried I learnt the hard way that it is a VERY good idea to work out which way the lid holder goes BEFORE you take the lid off for the first time. As it was I spent a lot of time trying to fit the lid on the holder and having to stop the lid crashing to the floor- I was massively proud tonight that I had the lid holder correctly positioned and lifted the lid off and straight onto the holder where it stayed put

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:56

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum