Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Space issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Space issues

Post  LesleyM on 17.01.14 22:10

I just got a 10L halogen oven and I have a few ideas about where to put it unfortunately for the time being I think it's going to have to sit on top of our cooker so I'll need to buy a tray for it to sit on? Exactly how much space does it take up? A friend who swears by his has a 12L and reckons I need 16 inches square? Do I need to consider heat rising (Another place I have in mind is under a cupboard but that would give me room and hopefully enough to put the lid down)

Alas I have what I think would be the perfect place but Dave (the other but never better half) doesn't want it to go there because its the wrong side of the sink so how would food be put on plates! I think the answer would be Use the tongs?

My ultimate plan if this works out is to dump my conventional oven- put shelves in the gap and buy a single ring for warming up soup etc to be put to one side then have my halogen on the shelf in the gap and have space underneath (this is a small flat so any extra storage space is welcome) for other odds and ends

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Re: Space issues

Post  Admin on 19.01.14 19:16

Hi Lesley
you need a space for the lid holder as well - about 23/24 inches would accommodate both the HO and the lid holder.
The space on top of your cooker would be best (if you are not using it). If you can't find a tray get a piece of MDF cut to size.
Heat rising / greasy food stains have not been an issue for me. I have been cooking in my HO in the same spot for a few years now, with a wall unit right on top. I just wipe beneath the unit with a damp soapy cloth after cooking.
Try experimenting, moving it around in your kitchen until you get the right place for your HO.

Good Luck

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 27.01.14 21:24

Thanks again Reeta! I got a cheap heat resistant breakfast tray from "Wilkinsons" for £3 so I could put it on the cooker- as I say we really only use the rings and there's enough space to pull the tray out the way if we need to. And I've finally mastered the stand - I couldn't work out which way to put the lid on it and it was forever falling over but tonight I took the lid off and slotted it onto the stand with no problem!

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:57

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum