Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Newbie to Halogen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newbie to Halogen

Post  claireamy on 15.01.14 15:42

I've bought my first Halogen Oven today, looking forward to working out how to use it! I am also a Slimming World member so looking for syn free ideas.

claireamy

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie to Halogen

Post  Admin on 15.01.14 21:31

Welcome Claire

we are happy to see you on board.

Please read the posts when you can. You will find lots of useful tips and advice among them.

welcome-banner.gif

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  dyson59 on 20.04.14 17:47

Hi.
Bought a halogen oven at a car boot today just to give it a try but didn't have instructions which I am looking for.
dyson59

dyson59

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 20.04.14 21:31

Hi Dyson 59,
what make/brand is it ?

welcome

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 21.04.14 18:14

dyson59 wrote:Hi.
Bought a halogen oven at a car boot today just to give it a try but didn't have instructions which I am looking for.
dyson59

Hi

Most HO's come with minimal instructions anyway - I've learnt far more asking on here than I ever got from the manual

I suppose the first thing is do you have a hinged lid or not? If you don't have hinged lid then if you haven't already got one- you need a lid stand. When the end of the cooking cycle is reached then if you don't have a hinged lid you'll need somewhere to put down a heavy and very hot lid it can burn holes in worktops if you just put it down on them.

Use foil- it doesn't have to be the most expensive type indeed I use the "Wilkinsons" basics foil but it catches drips and/or you cook on it to keep things clean

Bear in mind- it isn't as fast as a microwave although it's faster than a conventional oven, doesn't need pre heating and does things at a lower temperature (if you're cooking something with instructions- use the temp for a fan assisted oven) and gives as good as out the oven results

Start with something simple I started with oven chips remember you can see how things are cooking so if something starts to look well done before the end of the timing you can adjust temp etc accordingly

Its trial and error to start with but it doesn't take long to learn I got mine in January and within a day I was able to turn out basic stuff like sausages and chips etc. And for then on- well my local takeaways are sending out search parties as we no longer use them- the amount we've saved on not getting takeaways paid for the HO 2 months or so back

Get a good cookbook- anything by Sarah Flowers tends to be good even if you don't use the recipies that'll give you an idea about the basics

Also what racks do you have? You can also use any dish you would use in a conventional oven as long as it fits

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:18

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum