Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Toad in the Hole

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Toad in the Hole

Post  silversurfer on 19.03.10 11:32

My husband wants toad in the hole tonight. Has anyone cooked this in the oven?

silversurfer

THANK YOU : 4

Back to top Go down

Re: Toad in the Hole

Post  junie on 20.03.10 14:37

Hi and welcome welcome

Sorry, no-one seems to have logged in yet that has tried toad in the hole. The best advice that I can give you is to lower the temperature that you use in your conventional oven by about 20C. This should let the dish cook through without browning the top too quickly.

We are all pretty new to HO cooking and finding our way. Cooking times and temperatures are very much trial and error.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to let us know how you get on and share your recipe. cheers

feedme

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  silversurfer on 21.03.10 8:52

I will let you know when I try again. Husband not happy the other night when things went wrong!!

silversurfer

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 21.03.10 15:52

Hi

Sorry this one didn't work first time for you. Perhaps this wasn't the easiest dish to start with. Crying or Very sad

I'm sure that you'll soon be cooking with confidence and will put the smile back on hubbys' face. Smile

Don't give up. We are all learners here. The HO is a great appliance and many of the members of this forum hardly use their conventional oven any more.

feedme

junie

Back to top Go down

Post  silversurfer on 21.03.10 17:33

Whoops, think I sent a pm to you Junie. I meant to post here to say that I have some yeast to make hot cross buns and will put one in the oven and see if I can get it right.

silversurfer

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 21.03.10 17:54

Hi, no problem. sunny

Good luck with the buns. Please let us know how you get on and, of course, share your recipe when you are happy with the result.

feedme

junie

Back to top Go down

Post  silversurfer on 21.03.10 17:55

I will do that.

silversurfer

Back to top Go down

Post  autumn on 13.06.10 15:55

hello, i have only had my halogen oven for 4 days, love the bacon sarnies, made a fruit cake turned out ok except the top was burnt.Today i tried a toad in the hole browned the sausage a little first and cooked it for 20 mins on 190, i will try lower temperature next time as the top was a little burnt. Does anyone know if it's ok to cook mince in the halogen in a casserole with lid on thank you mary.

autumn

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 13.06.10 16:26

Hi Mary and welcome to the forum

welcome

Thanks for sharing your experiences with your new oven thank you

If things are cooking too fast on the top you can cover them with foil to protect the top. The next time you make them lower the temperature a little and see how you go. It can be a bit of trial and error but the results make it worthwhile.

Also, yes, you can use a lidded casserole in your HO. You can use anything in your HO that you use in your 'big' oven. Make sure you place your casserole dish on one of the racks to allow the heat to circulate.

junie

Back to top Go down

Post  autumn on 13.06.10 18:39

thanks so much for your helpful replyre toad in the hole, here's hoping i have better luck next time. mary

autumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Trixie Trow on 22.06.10 17:36

TOAD IN THE HOLE.

hi Autumn. I was really interested in your post regarding the fruit cake you baked. I have done several and always they have failed. The centre is never cooked, no matter how long I baked them.

What did you do about tins? Did you use conventional baking tins?. Someone on the forum ( I think it might have been Q&A forum) that the conventional tins seem to be the trouble and suggested using a ring mould or putting a Ramakin dish in the middle of a sponge cake tin.

Would be so grateful if you have any answers. Regards Joyce cyclops

Trixie Trow

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  wimplebum on 27.06.10 14:45

Hi there,

I successfully did toad in the hole - maybe cheated slightly. I put sliced onion in the bottom of a pyrex dish, mixed the batter up as per yorkshire puddings I found on this forum. I heated the oven to 250 C for 5 minutes with the pyrex dish in it, put the sausages on the onion, poured over the yorkshire pudding and cooked it for about 20 minutes on 190. I kept an eye on it to make sure the batter didnt burn and it came out lovely.

Hope that helps

wimplebum

THANK YOU : 34

Back to top Go down

Toad in the hole..recipe, PlEaSe??

Post  princez76 on 08.10.10 7:06

Hi, new here, and to my oven. I have cooked two meals in it and they have both turned out fabulous!! I made three chicken breast with only salt and pepper, I was testing the waters Chef Toward the end I added the high rack and added frozen vegies. The meal was finished in a total of 15-20 min all from frozen! I was amazed! Tonight I made chicken pearm Fantastic! I was hoping that I might beable to get the recipe for Toad in the hole?? I have never heard of it and wanted to see how it was made. Thank you so much!!

princez76

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 08.10.10 20:32

princez76 wrote:Hi, new here, and to my oven. I have cooked two meals in it and they have both turned out fabulous!!

Welcome to the forum princez76 king
I am glad you have started so well with your Halogen Oven.
Thank you for sharing this news with us.

Some people need to hear positive feedbacks and encouragement before they can try out something for the first time.

I know we get a lot of visitors on this forum , all looking for tips, advice, recipes and positive feedbacks.

I will post the recipe for Toad in the Hole as soon as I get it or may be someone else will post one for you

welcome

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 10.10.10 21:18

princez76 wrote:I was hoping that I might be able to get the recipe for Toad in the hole?? I have never heard of it and wanted to see how it was made. Thank you so much!!

Hi princez76,

I have posted the recipe for Toad in the Hole in the category
Halogen Oven Recipes in Alphabetical Order

You will find it under the T section
Smile

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Suechal on 29.07.14 13:49

Hi. Got a HO this week and attempted to do a full chicken roast. Roasting vegetables at the bottom drizzled with oil, low rack over the top with chicken on and 2 foil dishes with Yorkshire pudding batter. Foil parcel with leeks in and another with runner beans. Everything turned out great although had to remove yorkshires as were ready too early. Beans would have been better boiled on the hob. Overall? I was extremely pleased as I couldn't find a recipe.

Suechal

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:06

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum