Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

halogen oven air fryer attachment ???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

halogen oven air fryer attachment ???

Post  mouse on 10.01.14 18:18

I have the halogen oven air fryer attachment, any idea how I use this as it seems to sit really close to the top even with the lid extended

mouse

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: halogen oven air fryer attachment ???

Post  artyuk on 11.01.14 11:51

put the airfry on first then place the extender ring on top,it works perfecly for me that way,makes great chips

artyuk

THANK YOU : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  mouse on 11.01.14 12:04

I have the hinged lid halogen oven and the lid will not extend high enough with the extension ring on so am still rather concerned as to whether I should return the fryer attachment

mouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 11.01.14 17:24

mouse wrote:I have the halogen oven air fryer attachment, any idea how I use this as it seems to sit really close to the top even with the lid extended
Hi Mouse, I have read the reviews about this item. It doesn't work with the hinge lid halogen oven. Best to return it while you still can.

I have moved your post in the Questions and Answers section to help others.

welcome-banner.gif

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

hi reeta

Post  mouse on 11.01.14 18:08

thanks for your comment, only problem is I have discarded all the packaging but am seriously thinking of emailing AJ to ask them to send me something to send it back in as I am still very concerned about the food being really burnt or something happening to the bulb

mouse

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 17.01.14 21:50

I've got the air fry attachment but still having not unpacked my oven (Been busy and still need to clear space) I'll watch out for this

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

air fryer attachment

Post  mouse on 18.01.14 13:36

Hi
I have ended up sending mine back as the food is too close to the bulb and cos I have a hinged lid HO it does not lift high enough to use the extender ring, I am now waiting for delivery of a fryer basket which will sit on the rack and not close to the bulb. The air fryer attachment will work fine if you have a lift off lid HO as it can be placed on top easily

mouse

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 18.01.14 20:17

I still haven't got round to setting it up- have family coming round tomorrow so had to spend today turning my tip of a flat into somewhere where I can have guests without them running for the door. So can someone tell me if the Andrew James 10L has a flip up lid or one that lifts right off? I think it might be the latter as it comes with a lid stand but if it isn't it looks like I should send the air wave fryer back

LesleyM

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 18.01.14 20:38

Had a look at the website and realised it's a 12L. Andrew James do sell a hinged lid model but that's not the one I got and looking at the picture mine doesn't have a hinged lid so I should be safe with the air wave

LesleyM

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 19.01.14 18:17

Hi Lesley,
it's only the hinged lid oven that is the problem. Yours will be fine. I have the same one - detachable lid.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 21.01.14 22:36

Right having unpacked the air fryer it looks like it has its own extender ring attached? Do I put it on under or over the extender ring? Or do I just use it on its own?

LesleyM

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisjaz on 05.04.14 15:34

I have the Andrew James oven and wondered how the extender ring went on ,there is a button on the back you press and below push underneath and you lift the lid at the same time then the ring can be attached.
Hope this helps

chrisjaz

THANK YOU : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 05.04.14 16:00

It just sits on top of the bowl on mine but it only fits properly one way otherwise when you put the lid on the ring and lid tip backwards

LesleyM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandy.S on 05.04.14 20:54

I bought an 'oven chip tray' from a pound store, I place it on top of the lower rack and it works as an air fryer, doesn't burn the food and it's cheaper. You can also cut it to fit.  Looks like this. 

Sandy.S

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisjaz on 05.04.14 21:39

I have one of those I use it in my electric oven for chips what a good idea ,I need a new was as this one is on the way out.
Can't wait to give it a try.

chrisjaz

THANK YOU : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  yorkielass on 13.04.14 10:34

The air fryer ring is great and I keep it on all the time as an extender ring as it has handles and just remove the mesh when not needed. I was put off with some reviews before I bought it thinking that I was going to put things too close to the bulb are but honestly its fine, I have done bacon nice and crispy on it and its very close when cooking and have also done sausages (don't pierce them) oven chips are great on it too as well as such as frozen chicken burgers and so on and I cook at same temp as I would in the oven etc so basically so far the closeness to the element has not been an issue at all for me. Good luck btw if you look on the Andrew James site they sell the attachment too with nothing stating anywhere not to use with the hinged lid it really has been fine

yorkielass

THANK YOU : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 13.04.14 12:16

Thank you Yorkielass.

This is what the air fryer looks like.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 13.04.14 19:07

To me it's the best accessory there is. Before I got my HO I was looking at the Phillips Air Wave fryers but they're £174 and a friend who (to her now regret) brought one swears she can't tell the difference between oven chips in her expensive air wave and oven chips done on my air wave fryer ring

(She's also gone out and brought a halo- after trying mine- single person so doesn't want to use the oven she's got as it costs a fortune to heat up- never mind getting in from a hard day at work and having to wait for the oven to heat up)

LesleyM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:01

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum