Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

I am so new to Halogen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I am so new to Halogen

Post  Tootles on 29.12.13 18:27

We bought a Russell Hobbs yesterday in the January sales. Neither my husband or I had a clue how to cook in one. So, today, it was a case of two OAP's muddling through trying to roast a chicken! It turned out OK too, but I need more confidence because I feel that with just the two of us, this oven is going to be a good friend.
Doesn't it make a nice cheerful glow in the kitchen?
Tomorrow I'm having a bash at roasting some beef and found this forum by accident as I was looking for roasting tips.
Am I glad to have found you.

Tootles

THANK YOU : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: I am so new to Halogen

Post  Admin on 30.12.13 1:16

I am glad you found us Tootles.
This oven is great for 2 people. You will save a bit on your electricity bill as well.

Most people come here to read the posts now.  You will find all the tips, advice and answers among them.

I like the glow too   sunny    Laughing 

welcome-banner.gif

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Tootles on 30.12.13 9:04

Thank you, Reeta. Happy New Year to you and yours. I've found a load of tips on here, and I'm getting the idea that the more you use the oven, the better you get.
It's a bit like breaking in a new ordinary oven isn't it? They are all different; some slower than others and its a matter of getting to know it.

Tootles

Back to top Go down

Post  Tootles on 16.02.14 10:34

I cannot tell you the pleasure I am getting from my Halogen. I use it everyday. As I'm writing, the Sunday beef joint is cooking nicely in it. I bought a meat thermometer which has been a boon, but now I'm getting better, I just go as if its an ordinary oven, which cooks better and quicker. I had trouble cooking a Victoria sandwich. My high/low racks are in one: ie I turn it upside down for the low, and back up again for the high. I remembered my granny's words that a Victorian sandwich tastes moister if you cook it in one tin and split it when cool. So I did that for a while. Then I found a lovely wire trivet in a charity shop (50p) so I use that for a two tin cake and I've had good results.
We are having a new kitchen soon. Its chosen and paid for, just got to wait for the fitter. I'm not in the least worried: I have my halogen, microwave and an electric table hob. I shall have no problems at all, 'camped' out in the kitchen diner area!.

Tootles

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 13:39

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum