Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

New user of Halogan ovens

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New user of Halogan ovens

Post  Hidi on 22.12.13 9:46

Sorry this is my second posting, only just noticed the Introduce Yourself section. I am a new user of a Halogen oven and so far I have tried baking potatoes, which took a lot longer than the oven booklet stated! Also last night I cooked chicken breasts stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in serrano ham and it came out a treat, I was well pleased. Does anyone know how individual frozen chicken pies will cook if I leave them in the silver trays?

Di

Hidi

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: New user of Halogan ovens

Post  Admin on 23.12.13 13:15

welcome yo the forum Hidi.

They cook very well. Leave them in the foil tin to cook. Finish off by turning them upside down, remove the tin foil to cook the base/bottom of the pie as it tends to stay a bit soft/soggy and pale looking.

welcome-banner.gif

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Hidi on 23.12.13 15:10

Thanks for that Reeta, will give it a go.

Di

Hidi

Back to top Go down

Post  KFh on 25.12.13 12:28

Morning everyone, Happy Christmas too.  Just bought a Halogen oven and like many others have said, the instructions regarding cooking are very basic.  There are a few 'don'ts' but far less 'do's'.  I have cooked some hot wings, but they burnt as I didn't think they were cooked enough, typical me, but did manage some sausages as a first test that came out OK.  Today I'm attempting a small join of pork and the limited instructions don't say how or where I can cook the vegetables with it.  Whilst I'm not stupid I do realise my comments might sound silly; maybe I take things too literally.  My instructions say you can't put anything on the base to cook, so how do you cook things like a stew or other liquid based things?  I want this to save me time and cook items all together, within reason of course, no good to me if it doesn't do that, as I don't see the point of using my main cooker and this.  There are only 2 of us so it should be fine.  Anyway enough of my ramblings and good luck to all Halogen cooks.

KFh

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 26.12.13 14:36

KFh wrote: . . . Whilst I'm not stupid I do realise my comments might sound silly; maybe I take things too literally.  My instructions say you can't put anything on the base to cook, so how do you cook things like a stew or other liquid based things?  

Hi,
You put it (stew/curry/other liquid based food) in a bowl/casserole dish and place the bowl on the low rack in the halogen oven. The heat must circulate around the bowl for even cooking. Cooking for two is easily done this way.

Cooking a larger portion can be done directly into the halogen oven bowl itself but because the heat is coming from the top you will need to stir the food several times during cooking.

I didn't think you are stupid  No but most of the instruction are written by stupid people. They don't explain why and if you are a new HO user, you are left to work it out for yourself.

Please read the posts when you have the time. You will learn a lot from other users. Good Luck to you too.

welcome-banner.gif

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  KFh on 27.12.13 11:08

Thank you for the advice why didn't I think of that, as I said I took things too seriously as it said in the instruction booklet don't use anything that isn't supplied especially. Anyway, latest update is that I used it a couple of times and all was well, a joint of mean and potatoes and another meal; used all in accordance with the thing and it cracked all the way through it, after I washed it the way suggested. So it has gone back and I'm very reluctant to get another.

KFh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:22

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum