Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

New user needs help with 5 lb Turkey breast

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  leowade on 14.11.13 14:28

Hello, My name is Greg and just received my SECURA 7 liter oven with extender ring.
I have read most of the post for Turkey and got different answers,so plain and simple please as I have not used one before.
1. Temp for turkey
2. Time per lb. (USA)
3. Cover with/without foil.
4. Thank You, Thank You!!

leowade

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: New user needs help with 5 lb Turkey breast

Post  Admin on 14.11.13 19:56

Hi Greg,

I posted this recipe in 2009 which was for turkey crown. Could not find one for turkey breast, sorry

Recipe here  
http://halogenovenrecipes.forumotion.com/t263-turkey-roast-turkey-crown-with-lemon-thyme?highlight=turkey+breast#808  

I think you will need to experiment with this a little.

You will find temp/weight conversion charts here http://halogenovenrecipes.forumotion.com/f14-charts-oven-temperature-weight-conversion

Hope this helps

welcome-banner.gif

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Have you got this licked?

Post  ccridersuz on 19.12.13 7:52

I am thinking of using my oven for Christmas dinner this year, the turkey will never fit in it of course, but I am at a loss as too which items of the traditional xmas dinner would turn out better. I am sick of having steam everywhere as my kitchen is what the estate agents would call compact!! having the window and door open in the middle of winter is no fun. Has anyone any idea of how I can use the oven to my best advantage on Christmas morning? there will be roasties/mash/sprouts/carrots/brocerly/cabbage/ pigs in blankets/stuffing. which does better in the halogen? I've never done veg in it yet, do you use the bottom tray under your veg or straight on the bottom? as I am feed a large number of people I was wondering if I could roast potatoes both on the bottom of the oven and in a tray on the high rack? and do they turn out the same as oven cooked the traditional way. Any help to feed the tribe would be appreciated. As I want to plan ahead as much as possible.
 Thanks* 

ccridersuz

THANK YOU : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  leowade on 19.12.13 15:18

Update of my Turkey breast. The oven did not do so well and I had to use the old fashion way of cooking in my stove oven.
The breast started to brown within minutes so I put a alum. tent to slow down browning, well that did not work as it was not cooking very fast. I do thank all that advised me but DO NOT TRY COOKING A 5 LB TURKEY in a 7 liter oven using a extender ring.
Merry Christmas to all.
GW

leowade

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: New user needs help with 5 lb Turkey breast

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:08

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum