Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Hi there. :-)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi there. :-)

Post  Kammy on 18.10.13 17:25

Hey Halogeniuses!

I'm Gill, live in Edinburgh with my partner, our energetic 5 year-old crazyboy and a cat who thinks she's a teddy bear.

We recently decided to buy a halogen oven (it's the 12L Coopers of Stortford one, with all the various accessories) as I was curious about them and we're keen on anything that professes to keep our electricity and gas bills down.

So far, we love the thing! Every day we've been home since it arrived, we've cooked at least one thing in it and usually more. We've had everything from sausage and onions baguettes to BBQ chicken thighs with sweet potato wedges, and everything (touch wood...) has come out great!

Tonight I'm cooking pork chops with (experimental) crispy spiced potatoes in it, and tomorrow my other half is attempting a full Moroccan-style lamb leg to eat shredded in pitta breads with salad.

Haven't tried baking yet apart from a pair of pre-made salmon en croutes (they were yummy), but I'm hoping to try at least an apple sponge pudding soon, and bought the fruit today.

So....um....that's my introduction! Thanks for all the inspiration I've already gained from this forum, and I hope to be good enough to contribute some recipes soon.

Gill x

Kammy

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi there. :-)

Post  Admin on 18.10.13 18:25

Kammy wrote: . . . a cat who thinks she's a teddy bear.
What a Face  this cat needs 'past life regression' to deal with its identity crisis  Laughing 

Hi Gill,
you have been busy!
I can tell you are definitely a Halogenius.
Have fun experimenting / discovering new recipes.

welcome-banner.gif

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Kammy on 20.10.13 13:19

Reeta wrote:
Kammy wrote: . . . a cat who thinks she's a teddy bear.
What a Face  this cat needs 'past life regression' to deal with its identity crisis  Laughing
Believe me, she's beyond hope.  Gorgeous wee animal, but daft as a brush and totally soft-hearted.  No amount of counselling would make her less teddy-bearish.  lol!  

Hi Gill,
you have been busy!
I can tell you are definitely a Halogenius.
Have fun experimenting / discovering new recipes.

welcome-banner.gif
Why thankee!  I have to say, still no failures with the halo - we're really pleased with it and my little boy loves watching the food cook!  Yesterday's Moroccan lamb was delicious, I'll have to get my other half to write down how he made it so I can post it on here.

Tonight I'm cooking a whole chicken and roast potatoes in it, then putting some cauliflower cheese in to finish the topping off while I carve it.  Wish me luck!

I'm hoping that by the time the novelty wears off, using it will be so second nature that I'll keep on with it.  I can't imagine being without it now, and my oven's not been turned on in weeks. Brilliant addition to the kitchen, and one I've been a bit evangelistic about to friends and family since we got it...

Thanks for the lovely welcome, Reeta (my favourite aunt is called Rita!) and to everyone else for the generally fabulous levels of inspiration to be found on this quiet little forum.

Gill x

Kammy

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:15

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum