Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

BEEF: Fillet Steak

Go down

BEEF: Fillet Steak

Post  junie on 13.03.10 18:18

I haven't tried this recipe. It comes from The Halogen Oven Cookbook by Jones and Meads

1 fillet steak about 1/2 thick
There is no need to preheat the halogen oven.

Place the fillet steak in a small roasting tin. Cover the steak with a few grinds of black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Cook on 200C. As a general guide, 8-10 miinutes for rare, 10-15 for medium, and approximately 20 for well done. The steak can be turned over half way through the cooking time.

(1) Note that the rack to use is not specified but would expect to use the high rack.
(2) Also, the 'can be turned' phrasing is odd. I would expect you should turn the steak half way through.

Posted by npower1 on 20/01/10 at 20.10
junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Cooking Steak

Post  junie on 13.03.10 18:25

I cooked fillet/entrecote steak only the other day.
What I did was just brush the steak on both sides with a little oil.
I placed it on the top rack and cooked it on one side for approximately for 5 minutes then turned them for a further five minutes on 175c.
They came out perfect for a slightly cooked steak. This is how my wife likes them. I prefer mine medium to well done.

Obviously, if you wanted your steak done a bit more, you would increase the time taken to cook it each side. It is a case of trying different temperatures and times and making a note of what you have done each time so that you can refer back to it.

This was posted as a reply by Chef Eric to a question about steak on 17/01/10 at 13.34
junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum