Rechercher Advanced Search

Affiliates
Free Recipes

to unplug from socket or not?

Go down

to unplug from socket or not?

Post  Burnie on 27.04.13 18:21

Hello,
My new halogen oven {Andrew James)has arrived, and I'm a bit confused about instructions.
It seems that each time I want to remove the lid and put it on the lid stand I have to switch off at the mains socket and remove plug.
My question is ~ Do I need to do this even if I'm just taking off the lid to stir a recipe or turn over a piece of meat?
AND if I do this, do I then have to reset timer etc after putting the lid back on, to resume cooking?
This is probably a very stupid question, but I'd rather not electricute myself the first time I cook a piece of toast!
Thanks Embarassed Embarassed

Burnie

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: to unplug from socket or not?

Post  Reeta on 28.04.13 20:56

Hi Burnie,
It's not a stupid question - if you are unsure it's best to ask.

I don't know why they say that - I don't do it and I have been using my HO for several years now.

Treat your halogen oven like a "big oven" . If you need to baste a roast, do you switch off at the main socket ?

Just make sure to keep the lid handle up.

Reeta
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

To unplug from socket or not?

Post  Burnie on 28.04.13 22:01

Thanks for your advice Reeta. Its just getting to understand this new system of cooking.
Anyway, first success under my belt this afternoon (literally!) - a batch of fruit scones using your recipe came out a treat!! Only problem was I've eaten three scones today - this can't go on! Very Happy

Burnie

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: to unplug from socket or not?

Post  oldfossil on 30.04.13 2:25

Burnie wrote:Thanks for your advice Reeta. Its just getting to understand this new system of cooking.
Anyway, first success under my belt this afternoon (literally!) - a batch of fruit scones using your recipe came out a treat!! Only problem was I've eaten three scones today - this can't go on! Very Happy

Don't eat too many scones.

Ya know everyone else will want one if they are that good.
oldfossil

THANK YOU : 22

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum