Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Recipes For Halogen Oven
Affiliates

Roast chicken

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roast chicken

Post  Chippy_Tea on 25.03.13 18:17

My mother recently bought a new HO so i am now the proud owner of a well used Infra Chef HO.
Today i tried to cook a chicken using heat and time settings i have found on the web, within a few minutes the bottom of the chicken (i started it upside down as advised) started to go brown, I do not have an extender ring so gave up and used the fan oven to finish it off.
Could someone tell me if i buy an extender will the problem be solved or is the HO too small for a medium size chicken.
I don't know what size it is in litres but it measures 33CM diameter and it is 15CM deep.
Hope someone can help as i really am looking forward to saving lots of time and electricity.

Chippy_Tea

THANK YOU : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: Roast chicken

Post  oldfossil on 25.03.13 22:19

Hi Chippy and welcome to the forum.

Yes the extender will help however unless you intend to cook something else with it then the lower rack should be fine.

I usually cook chicken the day before and eat it cold.
oldfossil

THANK YOU : 22

Back to top Go down

Post  Chippy_Tea on 26.03.13 15:58

I did try it on the lowest rack but it was too close to the heat and quickly started to brown, I have now got a ring so will try again later in the week and report back.

Chippy_Tea

Back to top Go down

Post  Chippy_Tea on 29.03.13 18:13

Update -

Having read several threads here i decided to give it another go, i put the chicken in upside down as before and set it for 30 mins low rack at 180C (with extender ring fitted), i kept an eye on it and this time it didn't burn, after 30 mins i turned it over and put bacon on the top and inserted my trusty meat thermometer (see below), after approx 20 mins the thermometer was reading 65c (fully cooked at 74C)so i removed the bacon, a few minutes later it had reached 74C and was a nice shade of brown, the chicken was perfectly cooked, i also did some roasties using the instructions on this site, i can honestly say i am normally hopeless in the kitchen, the wife is well impressed. Very Happy

Chippy_Tea

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum