Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Roast chicken

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roast chicken

Post  Chippy_Tea on 25.03.13 18:17

My mother recently bought a new HO so i am now the proud owner of a well used Infra Chef HO.
Today i tried to cook a chicken using heat and time settings i have found on the web, within a few minutes the bottom of the chicken (i started it upside down as advised) started to go brown, I do not have an extender ring so gave up and used the fan oven to finish it off.
Could someone tell me if i buy an extender will the problem be solved or is the HO too small for a medium size chicken.
I don't know what size it is in litres but it measures 33CM diameter and it is 15CM deep.
Hope someone can help as i really am looking forward to saving lots of time and electricity.

Chippy_Tea

THANK YOU : 3

Back to top Go down

Re: Roast chicken

Post  oldfossil on 25.03.13 22:19

Hi Chippy and welcome to the forum.

Yes the extender will help however unless you intend to cook something else with it then the lower rack should be fine.

I usually cook chicken the day before and eat it cold.

oldfossil

THANK YOU : 22

Back to top Go down

Post  Chippy_Tea on 26.03.13 15:58

I did try it on the lowest rack but it was too close to the heat and quickly started to brown, I have now got a ring so will try again later in the week and report back.

Chippy_Tea

Back to top Go down

Post  Chippy_Tea on 29.03.13 18:13

Update -

Having read several threads here i decided to give it another go, i put the chicken in upside down as before and set it for 30 mins low rack at 180C (with extender ring fitted), i kept an eye on it and this time it didn't burn, after 30 mins i turned it over and put bacon on the top and inserted my trusty meat thermometer (see below), after approx 20 mins the thermometer was reading 65c (fully cooked at 74C)so i removed the bacon, a few minutes later it had reached 74C and was a nice shade of brown, the chicken was perfectly cooked, i also did some roasties using the instructions on this site, i can honestly say i am normally hopeless in the kitchen, the wife is well impressed. Very Happy

Chippy_Tea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 13:24

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum