Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Not sure if I have a problem with my HO

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not sure if I have a problem with my HO

Post  nigelinspain on 24.02.13 9:52

I bought an Andrew James 12 ltr HO just before Christmas and I am still unsure whether I like it or if I have a problem with it.

I have been in touch with them and told them that it seems to take longer to cook certain things than a conventional oven and they suggested changing over the bulb as it might have a cool spot on it. I did that and in some ways it seemed better and in others not.

I have noticed though that when I brown some burger buns the bun on the right side of the rack browns far quicker than on the left.

Does this mean I still have a problem or is this normal with H Ovens. I would have thought it being a fan assisted oven it would have cooked more evenly.

Any help and advice on this would be great. I donĀ“t want to have to send it back because we had it shipped out to Spain and the delivery cost as much as the oven itself.

nigelinspain

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Not sure if I have a problem with my HO

Post  Admin on 24.02.13 14:41

nigelinspain wrote:...I have noticed though that when I brown some burger buns the bun on the right side of the rack browns far quicker than on the left.

Hi Nigel, I have noticed this with certain food - food that need browning such as oven chips. The bulb / heating element is shaped like a "C" , rather than a full circle.

Where the gap is in the "C" is the problem. Food do not brown in that spot - on the right side. I just rotate the lid half way through cooking.

When I cook on a lower temp for longer, I do not get this problem. I think the heat has time to distribute more evenly this way.

It was the same with my previous oven from JML.

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum