Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Muffins or fishing weights?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Muffins or fishing weights?

Post  Queensmessenger on 19.02.13 21:03

Just received my two new HO cookery books today by Sarah Flower. Tried Scones and biscuits from her "Perfect Baking with your HO"
Turned out wonderfull
so went one step further and made Easter Muffins on Page 86. Dry ingredient mix was fine then added half of the 275ml of milk, oil and egg mix. Not having made these before I was not sure what consistency of mix to expect at this stage although it seemed rather loose and fluid to me and nowhere like the consistency of a sponge cake mix. However put just over half this wet mix into 6 silicone muffin molds and cooked on low rack for 20 mins at 180 deg as instructed.
Came out fine looking on top but not risen much and heavy? - you could sink a ship with them. Cut open they were solid concrete.
Added more flour to remainder of mix and again cooked at 180 deg for mins as before. Better rise this time and better inside but still not light and fluffy in texture as I expect muffins to be.
Too much liquid in this receipe and instead of reading 275ml milk I think it should be somewhere nearer 75 to 100ml.
Anyone any ideas on this one.
Receipe is:-

125 g sr flour
50g sugar
75g dried fruit
2-3 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
275 ml milk
1 egg
4 tablespoon oil ( I used rapeseed oil)

Doug

Last edited by Queensmessenger on 19.02.13 21:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Queensmessenger

THANK YOU : 8

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum