Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Recipes For Halogen Oven
Affiliates

Oakhouse Foods

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oakhouse Foods

Post  Peter J Martin on 15.02.13 15:33

Hi Everybody reheated the Irish Stew in the HO at lunch time you do need to pierce the film lid both sides set temp 170c a gentle shake after 35mins then reheat for another 10mins
(45mins total)From Frozen excellent result and piping hot used the lower rack i am using the Andrew James version HO 1300w a far better meal than ur supermarket jobbies i will be trying the Lamb dinner next and hope to get the same result all the best to everyone Peter Very Happy

Last edited by Peter J Martin on 15.02.13 15:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : did forget to mention using the lower rack)

Peter J Martin

THANK YOU : 7

Back to top Go down

Re: Oakhouse Foods

Post  oldfossil on 15.02.13 20:42

Peter

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

I would be cautious of the trays the ready meals come in as I have seen mentions of these turning brittle after being in the HO.
oldfossil

THANK YOU : 22

Back to top Go down

Oakhouse Foods

Post  Peter J Martin on 16.02.13 7:32

Hi OF.Thanks for the tip i am testing these ready meals for Oakhouse and i am sending them feedback as when i asked them about reheating their meals in the HO they have never been asked before by a customer,anyway a discount/free delivery settled the deal the containers are ok for a fan oven as well which is what i always look for but i still think the tin foil tray is more suitable for the HO Regards Peter.

Peter J Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter J Martin on 16.02.13 18:57

Hi Everybody reheated the Roast Lamb Dinner code 692 today in the HO pricked both sides once gently with a fork lower Rack 170c 45 mins piping hot serve on a plate for a change Lubbly Jubbly
Kind Regards Peter Very Happy

Peter J Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reeta on 16.02.13 19:56

thank you

Thank you for taking the time to share Delboy Laughing

Kind regards
Reeta
Reeta
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter J Martin on 17.02.13 18:44

Hello Reeta thank you for your response and also your handy tip regarding frozen oven chips straight onto the baking tray top rack 200`c 15mins they came out just right i am slowly getting used to the HO but my main concern was reheating my Oakhouse Ready meals they are much better than the Supermarket jobbies and i also get the benefit of cooking meat and alot of other things properly better than the microwave option me thinks Kind Regards Peter alias dellboy Very Happy

Peter J Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reeta on 18.02.13 17:18

I agree Peter.
I am not in favour of reheating ready meals or left over food in microvawe if I can use my halogen oven.

I find that certain food - anything with chicken in it, get a different taste and smell when reheated in the microvawe.

They become chewy and have an awful fishy smell.What a Face

Reeta
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum