Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Hola. It's been over a year since I posted to this site

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hola. It's been over a year since I posted to this site

Post  Rosie Petch on 30.01.13 20:39

Hola. It's been over a year since I posted to this site. Partly because I've been off line for a while, but mostly because I'm always cooking ! The Halogen oven is the best bit of kitchen kit I've ever owned ! I LOVE it. It's been used every single day since I got it. I do whole roast dinners, fish dishes, breakfasts, whatever. This Christmas I carted it round to my daughters and cooked the entire lunch for 5 people in it!My free standing oven has been used just once in a year, and I don't think I will ever go back to using it. Why didn't I have a lovely Halley years ago? I'm now trying to suss out how to make bread and scones in the Halogen, with mixed success. I've read the hints and tips on here with great interest, and will certainly try some of them out. What I'd really like to do though, is develop some sort of conversion comparison. Then I could simply the recipes in one of my old cook books but use the Halogen temperatures to cook the grub. So does any one have any tips on this? I'm looking for a general temp for cakes say. A general guide to bread and scones. You know what I mean, that old rule of thumb we all use when we switch an oven on. I look forward to any advice you can give me, and in the mean time...I'm having fun !

Rosie Petch

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Hola. It's been over a year since I posted to this site

Post  Admin on 31.01.13 8:09

Rosie Petch wrote:... What I'd really like to do though, is develop some sort of conversion comparison. Then I could simply the recipes in one of my old cook books but use the Halogen temperatures to cook the grub. So does any one have any tips on this? I'm looking for a general temp for cakes say. A general guide to bread and scones. You know what I mean, that old rule of thumb we all use when we switch an oven on.
If only it was that easy!
Even when following the cookbook recipes for bread and scones, the end results are not always the same.

Also – not all halogen ovens have the same wattage.

What you can achieve after a bit of experimenting and using tips from other members - is to get it right for your HO

My first HO was a JML. After a while (experimenting, trial and error, etc…) I managed to cook most of my regular recipes in it. When that went, I got the Andrew James halogen oven.

Guess what? I had to start all over again. Not so much of the trial and error part but the experimenting with temp to get it right again.

If you are thinking of one template for all Halogen ovens, in my opinion it won’t work. It's best to do it just for your HO

chef

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum