Ingredients (serves 6):
Base: 450g shortcrust pastry mix
Filling: 500g Bramley apples, peeled, cored and chopped
1 pinch ground cloves
5ml teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
70g caster sugar
Top: 1 medium size egg, beaten
20g caster sugar
1. Pre-heat the Halogen Oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
2. For the pastry base: make up the pastry as per the pack instructions, use ¾ to line a 23cm pie dish. Cut the remaining rolled pastry into strips 1cm wide.
3. For the filling: Combine together all the filling ingredients and pile into the pastry-lined pie dish.
4. To top: Top with the pastry strips to form a lattice. Glaze with a little of the egg and sprinkle sugar over the top.
5. Cook for 25 – 35 minutes in the Halogen Oven.
6. Serve immediately with ice cream or cream.
This recipe is from JML
Posted by Reeta on Mon 26 Oct 2009 - 19:34
- Gender : Posts : 1977
THANK YOU : 373
Join date : 2010-02-24
Location : Ayrshire