Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

banana bread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

banana bread

Post  Ron night on 24.09.12 7:34

Hi,
IHad 3 ripe bananas that i was going to throw out so i decided to give this recipe a go.

Banana Bread

Ingredients

Serves 8-10
2 cups self-raising flour
2/3cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ cup milk
2 eggs
50g butter, melted
1 ½ cups mashed over ripe banana

Method
1. With the Extension ring and High Rack in place, preheat oven to 250°C. Grease and line a 24cm x 14cm loaf pan.
2. Place flour, sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl; stir to combine. Whisk milk, eggs, butter and banana in a large jug. Pour milk mixture into flour mixture and stir until just combined.
3. Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Using the Oven Tongs, place loaf pan into oven. Reduce temperature to 190°C. Bake for about hour 10 minutes or until cooked when tested. Stand in pan for 5 minutes then turn onto a wire rack to cool.

At 45 minutes it had fully risen and was cracking on the top so i turned it down to 175. At 55 minutes i gave it a test with a skewer and the skewer was totally dry so i gave it another 5 minutes then took it out and let it cool just enough that i could handle the dish which was a glass-pyrex loaf dish - slightly smaller than the size mentioned as my tin one just would not quite fit. I only greased the dish and did not line it as the recipe says and it came out easy and the texture was perfect not too moist and not too dry. We had a slice while still hot with a bit of butter.I used just a little bit more than the 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon as the container was nearly empty so i used it up. Taste was really good.
One thing i did notice when cooking this was that the power cord was actually touching the side of the oven so i am working on puting a small peice of tubing on the cord like they have on most clothes irons to hold it out a bit. Probably never happened - but i dont want a house on fire.

Ron night

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: banana bread

Post  Admin on 24.09.12 20:52

I've read this recipe, now I want some feedme

I can taste the cinnamon already. Yummy!

Thank you for taking the time to post your recipe Ron.

you are a star

About the power cord - my previous Halogen oven had a tube to cover it, just over the bit that kept touching the hot bowl. My new one doesn't. We use a piece of electrical insulating tape for extra protection. It does the job.

coucoufleurbleue

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  ozziejude on 24.09.12 21:12

Hi Ron thank you
I see your in WA, so image these measurement would be Australian, correct me if I am wrong, our cup measurements are different to other places, so they might have to convert them.
Just a tip, because I had lots of disasters before I realised cup sizes where different.
Take Care
Ozziejude

ozziejude

THANK YOU : 57

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron night on 25.09.12 5:44

@ Reeta, i plan to splint the cord right where it comes out of the oven. Probably using something like a popsicle stick broke in half and using some white electrical tape so it doesnt look so obvious.

@ ozziejude, yes i am from Mandurah West Aust.
never knew about the cup sizes. I have known some people to just grab a cup that they have a cuppa out of lol.
I have one of those measuring sets and always use those for my measurements but i am wondering if you mean that even those are different in different countrys. Also eggs can be deceiving and i should mention that the eggs i had were jumbo size so quite large. I also think that that recipe would have done just as well on the lower rack without the extender ring.
We had bacon and eggs the other day with a tomatoe cut in half.We wanted to experiment with the frying of the eggs and after reading here some of the complications that can happen my wife decided to do the eggs in old pie tins she has which are only about 3 inches in diameter at the base.She put a dob of butter (about half a teaspoon) in the base of each tin.We laid the bacon on the bottom rack and placed the pie tins on the top with the 2 halved tomatoes cut side up with a bit of grated cheese on each. This was all from a cold start. Oven on max and waited until we saw the butter was sizzling and in went the eggs.We were not timing as we figured those eggs are going to be the x factor. By having the eggs contained, the whites could not spread out and they protected the yolks from being fully exposed.
The whites cooked and one of the yolks was showing a tiny little spot of light yellow so we grabbed the tongs and got them out. We left the tomatoes and the bacon cooking while we buttered our toast and removed the eggs from the tins. Eggs were great except one mistake._forgot to totally grease the sides of the tins and they stuck to the tins and a bit messy getting them out. Bacon was great, one of the tomatoes was not perfectly level so a bit of cheese dripped through onto the bacon. (might just trim a bit off the rounded bottom of the tomatoes next time.
Thanks for your replies.

Ron night

Back to top Go down

Post  ozziejude on 25.09.12 6:43

Hi Ron,
Yeah, you have to watch your cup sizes (I mean measuring cups) Aussie recipes use 250ml cups, our tablespoon is 20ml else where 15ml.
When you buy measuring cups and spoons, you have to look to see what the mls are because I have bought sets without checking and the cup is 225mls and the tablespoon is 15mls, the teaspoons are alright as they are 5mls which I think is standard everywhere
Take Care
Ozziejude

ozziejude

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron night on 25.09.12 7:12

Just checked my cup and it is 250ml. But cannot recall where i got that recipe from as i just googled for halogen oven recipes before finding this site and copied a lot of recipes from different places. Perhaps they were talking different cups - but i was happy with my result.

Ron night

Back to top Go down

Post  ozziejude on 25.09.12 19:33

Thanks for the recipe
I will give it ago.
Have fun cooking and enjoy.
Take Care
Ozziejude

ozziejude

Back to top Go down

Post  joanada on 08.06.13 13:09

Just found this recipe, can't wait to try it.

joanada

THANK YOU : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron night on 19.06.13 6:28

Another variation i did was to add a whole tablespoon of ginger and it is then gingerbread.

Ron night

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 16:38

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum