Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Large turkey/meat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Large turkey/meat

Post  Catspoc on 23.08.12 19:42

Hi. I just bought the oven with the intent of taking it camping as it is portable and cooking larger quantities of meat for our group dinners. I have the large 12 litre cooker w/extender ring. the advertisement said would cook up to 23 lb turkey and hold up to 8lbs of meat. Searched some cook books to no avail as most is for small quantities. I cant see how I can fit a 23 lb turkey into this oven! Anyone any suggestions for cooking large birds/beef roasts/pork roasts/ etc.? A receipe for chicken I found calls for using the turntable rack but this is just for a small bird...how about a big chicken or turkey? Not sure it would even be able to turn in the oven! What about beef/pork? Do you use just the glassware to put the meat in or put it in a pan? How about stuffing in birds....anyone ever tried it? I am a bit dubious about the abilities of this cooker but will reserve judgement until I hear from some of you on your experiences with cooking meats.

Catspoc

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Large turkey/meat

Post  Admin on 24.08.12 1:17

Hi Catspoc,

You will find suggestions, tips and advice on cooking various roasts among the posts and the recipes section. Please read them when you have the time.

It’s best to place your meat /chicken on the low rack to allow hot air to circulate around the food - not directly in the glass bowl.

Sorry I can’t advise you about the 23 lb turkey. Let’s hope someone else has the answer.

welcome-banner.gif

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum