Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

PORK: Roast Pork

Go down

PORK: Roast Pork Empty PORK: Roast Pork

Post  junie on 13.03.10 11:27

Took a 3 pound boned and rolled Pork leg joint, washed and lightly rubbed over with olive oil, then (a useful tip however you cook pork) rubbed Balsamic Vinegar into the scored fat as it reacts to improve crispness, slight sprinkling of sea salt and then placed on lower trivet and started at 200 C for twenty minutes. Turned down to 180 and set for another 70 minutes. Peeled and cut roasting potatoes, lightly coated in oil and added them around pork with fifty minutes to go.

Absolutely amazed at result----Pork was moist and succulent, the crackling was unbelievably good, crisp and crunchy but not over fatty we almost convinced ourselves that it was a health food. The potatoes were golden brown and dry and fluffy inside and there was a wonderful deposit of juices at the base of the bowl which made a most attractive addition to the dogs' meals---would have been gravy but on the Xmas excess reduction track.

Posted by sdmcc on 02/01/10 at 20.45
junie
junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 16.04.10 11:36

Further to the above, I cooked a 5lb boneless pork leg joint yesterday. It took 2 1/2 hours at 170C turning halfway. ( I cooked it fat side down to start, then turned it fat side up to crisp and brown the fat).

It was cooked beautifully right through.
junie
junie

Back to top Go down

PORK: Roast Pork Empty PORK: Outdoor Reared Pork Shoulder

Post  junie on 10.05.10 12:15

This was cooked in a 7 litre HO with the bowl placed directly on the floor of the oven as no extender ring to lift the heat source higher.

Rolled pork joint with cracking/fat layer.
Weight: approx 800-900gms

What I did - put the joint crackling-side down in a large Pyrex pudding bowl on HO floor. Cooked from chilled hence the longer cooking time.

40 mins at 250C rotating joint half way through and at the end.
60 mins at 200C rotating joint half way through and at the end.
30 mins at 175C with crackling uppermost.
Then 20mins at 150C because I am paranoid.

Joint uncovered throughout - regular turning meant that the joint was basted in the meat juices at the bottom of the bowl.

Take Pyrex bowl out of HO and meat out of dish, rest under foil for 10mins before cutting. I cut the fat/crackling off and then thickly sliced the meat.Unbelievably tender and moist. Stirred gravy mix and boiling water into meat juices left in bowl for gravy.

Pros - lovely moist meat yet crispy crackling, no messy oven, juices in one bowl - easy to make a good gravy/fit in fridge for chilling to skim off fat.

Cons - 'prolly took longer than in an oven but quality much nicer and even taking as long as it did - far cheaper than using gas/oven for one dish.

Posted by bluddyelle on 10/5/10 at 11.46
junie
junie

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 07.06.11 10:25

I put rashers of streaky bacon on the top then left them underneath the joint when I turned it as they were getting burnt, and I cooked it on 175° as 165 seemed a bit low. It was more moist than when I have cooked pork loin in my conventional oven.
My joint weighed 1kg and I cooked it for 75mins.

Pork loin joint weight 1.7kg
2-3 cloves garlic, halved.
1-2 tbs Worcestershire or Soy Sauce
Salt and Pepper

Rub the joint with the salt and pepper.
Make incisions and insert the garlic halves
Drizzle with the Worcestershire or Soy Sauce.
Place on the low rack and cook at 165°C for 1hr30mins - 2 hours or until thermometer shows 80°C.
Let stand before serving

Posted by Maggie54 on 6/6/11 at 15.37

junie
junie

Back to top Go down

PORK: Roast Pork Empty Re: PORK: Roast Pork

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum