Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Newbie from Cyprus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Newbie from Cyprus

Post  Kukana on 22.07.12 11:05

We went out to buy a new breadmaker, and my husband saw a halogen oven on special offer. He said he'd been thinking about one for a while, though it eventually turned out he'd been thinking of something different... however we've tried it a couple of times and can see that it might save time and/or energy cooking for just the two of us. The instruction manual was worse than useless (in Greek... and had nothing but rather complex recipes, when I sat down to translate it via Google) so I ordered 'Halogen Cooking for Two' which does at least give us a general overview.

I am, however, struggling with the general fiddliness of the thing. It seems so awkward trying to use the two racks in at the same time, and then to turn or add something to what's cooking on the bottom, I have to find somewhere to put the lid, then ease out the top rack and put that somewhere, then somehow get into the bottom rack and move that out too... all very hot, and taking up so much work-space in my kitchen! I'm beginning to wonder if it's more trouble than it's worth... I can see it's fine to cook just one thing at a time, but if I have to use my regular oven too then it rather defeats the object...

Kukana

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Newbie from Cyprus

Post  Admin on 22.07.12 19:37

Welcome to the forum Kulkana

If you are cooking for just two, then you will save money on energy.

There is a lid stand to rest the lid – if you didn’t get one with your oven, you can use the baking tray from your ‘big oven’ for that function.

Once you get used to this cooking method you will love your halogen oven. Don't give up just yet Smile

We are happy to see you on board

welcome-banner.gif

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Kukana on 23.07.12 8:27

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, we finally figured out what the lid stand was for... but it still takes up space. I do hope we'll get used to the thing eventually and find it useful.

Kukana

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 13:21

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum