3 ripe bananas
10oz self raising flour
5oz caster/demerara sugar
3oz sultanas, washed and dried
2tsp (10ml) lemon juice
2tbsp (30ml) olive oil
Optional - use just one
½ can pears, mashed
½ can apricots, chopped into small chunks
½ can peaches, chopped into small chunks
Handful grapes, sliced
1. Mash bananas and put to side.
2. Wash sultanas, dry with kitchen roll and put to side.
3. Mix sugar and butter in a bowl.
4. Add bananas, eggs, lemon juice and sultanas.
5. Stir in flour, a little at a time.
6. Stir in olive oil.
7. Grease a 2lb loaf tin and line with greaseproof paper.
8. Pour mixture into tin.
9. Cook at 150˚C for 50-60 minutes.
10. Check the loaf is cooked by inserting a knife. If it comes out wet, cook for a further 10 minutes.
Alternative – make approx. 16 individual cakes using muffin tins. Cook at 150˚C for 30-40 minutes.
Posted by elinacai on 11/03/10 at 14.04
- Gender : Posts : 1977
THANK YOU : 373
Join date : 2010-02-24
Location : Ayrshire