Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

christopher

View previous topic View next topic Go down

christopher

Post  clwood on 12.03.10 8:14

Hi I am new to this site i have not bought an oven as yet but i am hoping to get on soon from all the readers writes i have read the only problem seemes to be the instruction book could anyone help me
Regards Chris

clwood

THANK YOU : 4

Back to top Go down

Re: christopher

Post  junie on 12.03.10 10:36

Hi Chris and welcome welcome

Reeta has placed links to instruction books and there are other links to recipe books.

Unfortunately ALL the instruction books are pretty poor which is why Reeta started this forum. We all share our successes and failures and ask questions of each other here. There is also a section by Chef Eric.

If you have a problem then feel free to ask in the Q & A section - someone else may have came up against the same thing and will be able to help you.

I'm sure if you take a little time to read just some of the information on this forum that you will use your new oven with confidence.

Very Happy

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Go for that oven!

Post  Thinlizzy on 17.03.10 19:10

Hi Chris,

Most of us are new to halogen cooking and have come up against the same problem but....go for it and get that new halogen oven because you really won't regret it. I can honestly say that since I got mine for Christmas santa , I haven't used my regular oven at all! I'm sure it's saved me money in addition to time happy-dancing

Good luck.

Thinlizzy welcome

Thinlizzy

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  clwood on 06.04.10 14:46

Hi can anyone recommend a halogen oven the best one to buy, i have been looking at the Andrew James on ebay are they any good
Regards Chris

clwood

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 06.04.10 21:34

Hi Chris

None of our members have so far reported problems with any particular make of halogen oven.

The best advice I can give is to pick the best price and the one with the best accessories (they can be expensive sold seperately).

Absolutely essential are the higher and lower racks, the extension ring and to a lesser degree the tongs (better off with silicone gloves).

Many advertise the lid stand but if you have the extension ring it doubles as a lid stand - also a glass chopping board is a safe parking place for the lid.

Round steamer tins are sometimes offered but you can use tin foil to make a tray and pierce it. Circular cake/flan tins make great halogen oven baking trays too.

For the most part ignore manufacturers recipe books - the information contained in this forum is much more beneficial.

I hope this is helpful Chris. It is from my own personal experience and from other members posts which I have found useful.

I give my time here on a purely voluntary basis and have no commercial links.

feedme

junie

Back to top Go down

Post  clwood on 06.04.10 21:50

junie wrote:Hi Chris

None of our members have so far reported problems with any particular make of halogen oven.

The best advice I can give is to pick the best price and the one with the best accessories (they can be expensive sold seperately).

Absolutely essential are the higher and lower racks, the extension ring and to a lesser degree the tongs (better off with silicone gloves).

Many advertise the lid stand but if you have the extension ring it doubles as a lid stand - also a glass chopping board is a safe parking place for the lid.

Round steamer tins are sometimes offered but you can use tin foil to make a tray and pierce it. Circular cake/flan tins make great halogen oven baking trays too.

For the most part ignore manufacturers recipe books - the information contained in this forum is much more beneficial.

I hope this is helpful Chris. It is from my own personal experience and from other members posts which I have found useful.

I give my time here on a purely voluntary basis and have no commercial links.

feedme

thanks Junie

clwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 07.04.10 18:03

clwood wrote:Hi can anyone recommend a halogen oven the best one to buy, i have been looking at the Andrew James on ebay are they any good
Regards Chris

Hi Chris,

please take a look at the other site I have created www.halogenovenshop.co.uk

Hopefully this will help you decide what's best for your needs.

I find the customers reviews very helpful as well.

welcome

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  clwood on 09.04.10 16:43

Well guys i have finally got my HO oven and the first thing i cooked was frozen fish frozen chicken on the same rack and later fresh pigs kidneys they all came out great.Now can anyone help tomorrow i am going to do fresh chicken legs and frozen oven chips ,what i would like to know is do you put the chicken on top rack or chips on top rack as i would like to do them together?
Kind Regards Chris

clwood

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 09.04.10 20:01

Hi Chris

I'm glad you have got such a good start with your new HO. Very Happy

I have a smaller 7 litre oven so to do anything together I have to use both racks. If you need both racks then I would suggest the chicken on the lower one for a slightly longer time - chips on the top to crisp nicely. If you can fit both on the same rack, then I would suggest using the top one for both.
It is important to turn the chicken pieces for even cooking.

Please feel free to share your recipes with us in the recipe section, and, if you have any further questions try using the question and answer section (more people are likely to read your question there and help you when they can)

feedme

junie

Back to top Go down

Post  clwood on 10.04.10 7:45

Thanks Junie will try that

clwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:23