Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

scotch eggs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

scotch eggs

Post  bobl on 16.06.12 9:19

can you do scotch eggs in H oven, if so has anyone any diff flavours for the coating,cheers

bobl

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: scotch eggs

Post  Olly54 on 30.06.12 17:32

Hi bobl, yes you can. For my bachelor version,2 frozen sausages per egg,This way you can use your favourite sausages.

1 10 mins on thaw,if frozen,on the low rack remove and peel the skins off.

2 Put the eggs in on the low rack for 15 mins at 125 c. Remove and put in cold water for a while then shell.

3 I like to dust the boiled eggs with BBQ seasoning and then wrap in the sausage meat which I squash flat in the palm of my hand and then wrap around the egg.I then roll them between my hands.

4 Leave them to stand in the fridge for 10mins or more to firm up in a bowl covered with cling film.

5 Remove the eggs from the fridge and put them in a bowl with a beaten egg and roll them around until covered.

6 Put them in a bowl and cover with breadcrumbs.About 15mins,low rack at 250c depending on your halogen's power,turning the eggs during cooking.

You can dust the boiled eggs if you wish with bbq seasoning or alternately use 5 spice or chilli or wrap in cheese,or anything.In fact you could do a lucky dip by dusting each egg with a different seasoning! Hope this helps,Bon Appetite!

I have seen where you use minced pork,350g does 4,mixed with fresh, chopped coriander,roll the boiled eggs in flour,then beaten egg,then breadcrumbs,then beaten egg and finally crushed peanuts.Serve with salad,finely sliced carrots etc and serve with bowl of red thai curry paste.

Last edited by Olly54 on 12.09.12 11:09; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : additional information)

Olly54

THANK YOU : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 01.07.12 10:44

Thank you for taking the time to post your scotch eggs recipe

Greatly appreciated you are a star

thank you

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Olly54 on 01.07.12 11:50

It was a pleasure Reeta,it's just nice to be part of this forum just helping each other.I've learnt so much from reading these ideas.Glad I joined! cheers

Olly54

Back to top Go down

Post  munchkin on 12.07.12 8:54

Thank you so much for sharing your scotch eggs.We now know what were having for tea .

munchkin

THANK YOU : 9

Back to top Go down

Different type of Scotch Egg

Post  Olly54 on 30.09.12 20:22

Hi Everyone,A while back the question was asked if Scotch Eggs could be made in an H/O and I posted a recipe I have used very often,I have just seen another twist on this which I have never heard of but will definitely try.It's just a matter of using equal amounts of Sausagemeat and Black Pudding and mixing together.Just make the Scotch Eggs as normal then.

I wanted to also suggest to my original recipe,if you don't want to make the Scotch Eggs with Sausages,the packs of Sausagemeat cut into six or you can buy square sausagemeat slices.One slice per Scotch Egg flattened in your palm.Hope this helps.

Olly54

Back to top Go down

Post  ozziejude on 30.09.12 20:48

thank you
It is nice to hear the different suggestions.
Take care
Ozziejude

ozziejude

THANK YOU : 57

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 22:22

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum