Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Our new moderator

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New moderator

Post  Reeta on 02.12.09 23:42

First topic message reminder :

I am pleased to announce that we have a moderator, at last Very Happy
I am so glad that John has agreed to help me run this forum. I would like to take the opportunity to thank him for giving so much of his time to this forum and also for all the recipes he keeps posting for our members.

Thank you John, You are a you are a star

Reeta
Reeta
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Re: Our new moderator

Post  rwright on 16.07.10 20:47

Hi Junie, purchased my prolectric HO few weeks ago from Robert Dyas and have been experimenting almost daily with many sucessful outcomes especially where grilling concerned as seems more straight forward and like conventional grilling having close heat source. I find it gets more tricky with bake type dishes ie. sheps pie when the top tends to cook quickly and even burn leaving the bottom barely hot. I'm sure it is about getting temp setting right and knowing when to adjust. Also if you try to cover things with foil to stop burning foill flies to top due to fan. Any tips? Thanks alot. Smile

rwright

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 16.07.10 21:51

Hi and welcome

Welcome

It sounds as if you are already off to a good start.

I know what you mean with bake type dishes. I find lowering the heat and giving the dish longer helps. A bit of trial and error will get you there.

Also if I have a dish that gets brown too quickly, there are two ways that I try.

I either raise the heat source with the extender ring or use foil. As you have found, you do need to tuck the foil in well so that it can't take off.

Hope this helps and good luck with your cooking. Chef
junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  brocklesby on 17.07.10 9:13

Hi Rwrite
I am not sure if I put my special cottage pie on my recipe forum.
If not I will include this one on the site.
I am a chef and i had some problems like you all with getting recipes correct with this type of oven.
What i would recommend is that you precook your minced beef and veg first until it is practically cooked through.
Then remove the dish with the tongs put your mashed potato on the top and brush with melted butter and cook on about 175deg.
This will brown lovely and all will be cooked at the same time and be warmed all the way through.
Hope this helps.
Eric
brocklesby

THANK YOU : 24

Back to top Go down

Post  chisik on 09.09.10 3:53

Hi Guys, a newbie and frustrated at the lack of recipies that are not around, hope I can pick up a few from ye and vice versa, I got it as a present last week and the book had like 3 recipes in it, y if u live by urself would u need to cook a whole chicken lol, I hope I get some good hints and ideas and hope I can help ye also....
happy cooking xx

chisik

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 09.09.10 16:03

Hello and welcome Chisik

Welcome

The lack of info on these is why Reeta started the forum. I'm sure you'll find it useful and we always welcome new recipes and ideas.

Chef
junie

Back to top Go down

Post  autumn on 16.09.10 17:17

i would just like to say i only bought my halogen 4 months ago and the element has gone already, however i sent it back to j m l and i had a new one sent to me the day after wow! has this happened to anyone else or have i just been unlucky regards mary. Cool Rolling Eyes

autumn

Back to top Go down

Post  bilko on 14.10.10 20:20

Hi everybody, first time ever on any type of forum and i'm a bit nervous.Like everyone else iv'e just bought an halogen oven and not quite sure how to use it, the book i got with it was quite basic.However iam hoping to get lots of tips and lovely recipes from the forum members.

Bilko thank you

bilko

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 15.10.10 12:27

Hello and welcome to the forum Bilko

Welcome

You will get lots of help here - no need to be nervous - we haven bitten anyone yet Smile

Have a good read when you get time and don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it.
junie

Back to top Go down

Choux Puff query

Post  cooka on 05.12.10 2:57

Hi Junie
A fairly new member, I really apprecated your response to my query re choux puffs in my HO. Will definitely try and see what happens. This is a really brilliant site, and I am having so much fun. free-happy-smileys-9

cooka

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 05.12.10 14:17

You are welcome - I'm glad you find the forum helpful flowerz
junie

Back to top Go down

Post  jules2 on 05.12.10 21:21

i have been given a halogen oven, but need a couple of recipes just to try it out, any suggestions? Also when doing a roast chicken can i put the chicken straight in so its on the bottom of the oven or does it need to be on the rack?

jules2

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 06.12.10 11:03

Hi Jules2

welcome

There are plenty of recipes for you to try in the A-Z and loads of hints and tips around the rest of the forum. Have a look at the chicken recipes for help. The chicken does need to be on the bottom rack to let the heat circulate underneath - as you will see on the recipes it also needs to be turned.

Chef
junie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum