Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Our new moderator

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Our new moderator Empty New moderator

Post  Reeta on 02.12.09 23:42

I am pleased to announce that we have a moderator, at last Very Happy
I am so glad that John has agreed to help me run this forum. I would like to take the opportunity to thank him for giving so much of his time to this forum and also for all the recipes he keeps posting for our members.

Thank you John, You are a you are a star

Reeta
Reeta
Reeta
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Our new moderator Empty Thank You

Post  wimplebum on 04.12.09 21:43

Many thanks Reeta, its no problem. I am enjoying my new machine and if I can help others in the process that makes me really happy.

If anyone has a problem they need a hand with, or something tried out (within reason and my pocket) I am willing to help. Bear in mind that my oven is only a 7 Litre EasyLife Mini Oven, and I don't have an extender ring - dont think theres one that would fit, although I am planning to look around in the new year.

If I find something that I think will be of help/interest, I will post it - no problems.

Feel free to ask for help if needed.
wimplebum
wimplebum

THANK YOU : 34

Back to top Go down

Our new moderator Empty Missing and just found ;o)

Post  wimplebum on 19.12.09 20:40

Hi there folks,

I have been missing for a few weeks due to poor health but am back now. Appologies for not responding to any contacts but will catch up quickly.

All the best

John
wimplebum
wimplebum

Back to top Go down

Our new moderator Empty Re: Our new moderator

Post  Reeta on 19.12.09 21:47

wimplebum wrote:Hi there folks,

I have been missing for a few weeks due to poor health but am back now. Appologies for not responding to any contacts but will catch up quickly.

All the best

John

No need to apologise John. We are just glad that you are feeling better

Here's to your health cheers
Reeta
Reeta
Admin

Back to top Go down

Our new moderator Empty Our new moderator

Post  Reeta on 08.03.10 12:58

Hi all.

again I am pleased to announce that we have a new moderator.

Junie has kindly agreed to help me run this forum.

I would like to say thank you very much Junie for giving your precious time to help our members.
We all appreciate it and love you for this you are a star

Reeta

x x
Reeta
Reeta
Admin

Back to top Go down

Our new moderator Empty A Heartfelt Request From A New Moderator

Post  junie on 08.03.10 16:29

Hi Everyone

As you can see from Reeta's announcement, I have agreed to help with the day to day running of this forum.

Like all of you, I am a new user and I was drawn to this forum because of the lack of information provided by Halogen Oven manufacturers.

Reeta has done a wonderful job in providing a forum where we can find the information that we require in order to get the best from our ovens. There is a wealth of information on here.

This forum is only as good as its contributions. The more there are, the better the forum.

I would like to see all new members introduce themselves and give us the chance to say hello.

I would also like to see everyone sharing their successes and failures with us. Don't be shy. We are a very friendly lot and we can all learn from each other.

It doesn't matter if you think your concern is trivial or even a bit silly - the chances are someone else has come across the same thing.

Don't be frightened to reply to any topic and share your views - we really do want to hear from everyone.

With your help and support we can keep this forum a lively and interesting place to visit.

Enough from me - over to you!

feedme
junie
junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  franklinmilo on 10.03.10 11:01

Hi everyone, i'm franklinmilo,new to this wasn't sure how to get started,i live in Corfu Greece,not so sunny at mo,have just bought a flavorwave turbo oven, don't really know what to do with it at the moment,but intend to use it alot Smile

franklinmilo

THANK YOU : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  megan46 on 10.03.10 13:43

Hi Junie.

Many thanks for volunteering as a moderator. Your work will be much appreciated. I think this is a brilliant site. I got little or no information with my HO and this site means I use my HO everyday instead of it just decorating my workshop.

Regard

Megan

megan46

THANK YOU : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 10.03.10 17:14

Hi and welcome franklinmilo,

I'm sure that you will find plenty of information on this forum and you will soon be using your new oven with confidence.

welcome
junie
junie

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 10.03.10 17:19

megan46 wrote:

I think this is a brilliant site. I got little or no information with my HO and this site means I use my HO everyday instead of it just decorating my workshop.

Regard

Megan

thank you Megan

My sentiments entirely
junie
junie

Back to top Go down

Post  franklinmilo on 10.03.10 17:53

thanks Junie for the welcome,just cooked a pork casserole,bit peaved as the potatoes wern't cooked, am i doing anything wrong?, i cooked it in a clear casserole dish with lid on,oven temp at 200c for 80 mins. is this long enough, not sure ? thanks a gain [Lin]

franklinmilo

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 10.03.10 19:01

Hi Lin

Most of us find that cooking times with the halogen oven are difficult to judge. This most certainly applies to casseroles where the quantites involved can vary tremendously. Also whether ingredients are thickly chopped or thinly sliced and the amount of liquid used and its starting temperature.

I have found that the temperature at the bottom of the oven is cooler and that most things take longer than the manufacturers claim (did you, for example, have the casserole dish on top of the bottom rack to allow air to circulate?)

The best advice given by others on the forum is to test the food for doneness as it cooks and to keep a diary or a note on the recipe book of the optimum time for your oven.

I'm sorry that I can't be more specific but most of us are new and finding our way too.
Don't be disheartened, I'm sure you will be cooking with confidence very quickly,

feedme
junie
junie

Back to top Go down

Post  franklinmilo on 10.03.10 19:16

Hi Junie, thanks for the advice,i will check for doneness etc with the next meal tomorrow,will let you know how i get on cheers Lin

franklinmilo

Back to top Go down

Post  lilchook on 10.03.10 21:10

you guys are all so casual about where you live!i guess, because i live in australia and it is a million hours on a plane to get anywhere i am really excited to think of how easy it is to communicate with people so far in all these interesting and exotic locations with such ease. I think it's brought home to me as well becuase when i get on the forum in the morning there is never anyone else on because you are all asleep! Anyway i just wanted to say "ain't technology great!" lol!

lilchook

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 10.03.10 21:26

Technology certainly makes the world a smaller place and it's great to be able to communicate so easily.

Just one small request lilchook - please don't make too much noise too early as I'm not a morning person !!!! Sleep

Just kidding!!! lol!
junie
junie

Back to top Go down

Post  petemanc on 13.06.10 21:19

Hi all, petemanc here, just found this site today, bought an JML H.O. off ebay a12L with lots of accessories for 39.99 had it abt aweek read the leaflet and it kind of put me off trying it till today,

been using a microwave oven 4 abt a year, also have a brand new electric cooker/oven which has not been used since bought it over a year ago, reason being need a electrian 2 connect it, which will probably cost more than the H.O. lol. Anyway did some chips, coated in a little groundnut oil, par boiled 1st and they turned out quite good, cooked some turkey strips at same time on bottom rack, but soon realized not the best way, but still edible. Found some good practical advice on forum, now going to experiment, and do the trial and error thing. So hopefully I can share some tips etc, with you all. Smile

petemanc

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 13.06.10 23:09

Hi Petemanc and welcome

welcome

I'm glad your first experiments were ok. It's a great and economicable way of cooking - with a little patience.
As you say there is some good practical advice here and it's good you are happy to try.
We'd be happy for you to share how you get on as we're all learning.
Smile
junie
junie

Back to top Go down

Post  wimplebum on 27.06.10 15:07

Hi Junie,

I just want to say what a great job you have done with the forum. Its a job really well done - everything is so much easier now.

Unfortunately I have not been able to get to the forum very much recently due to circumstances not allowing me to. I have changed the link and email for posting files too - now if anyone wants to actually post a file that is not able to be posted onto the site, I can put it up onto my site. I have a specific place for them and the links and email address now is fully functional.

I apologise to anyone who has tried to use the links and found them not to be correct. I was notified of this yesterday and have corrected it now.

Keep up the good work

wimplebum
wimplebum

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 28.06.10 11:53

Hi John

free-happy-smileys-9

Thanks for the kind words. It is nice to be appreciated. Reeta, however, is the one who has done all the real work with this forum. I am simply happy to help.
junie
junie

Back to top Go down

Post  Reeta on 28.06.10 13:32

wimplebum wrote:Hi Junie,
I just want to say what a great job you have done with the forum.

agree

thank you June

Reeta
Reeta
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Susanne on 30.06.10 14:09

Hi All,
My name is Susanne, I live in the UK and have today received my new oven, all unpacked and sitting ready and waiting on my worktop. I have read all the instructions onhow to clean and use it safely, now I am stuck, how do I use it. Thanks for setting up this forum, I am sure I will be here often, reading, and in time I may be able to add something of value too.

Thanks again
Susanne

Susanne

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 30.06.10 14:35

Hi Susanne and welcome

Welcome

I'm glad you've joined us and hope that you find the forum helpful.

junie
junie

Back to top Go down

Post  Reeta on 30.06.10 15:14

Hello and Welcome to the forum Susanne

Glad you've joined us and managed your first post without a "Forum Satnav" lol!

Reeta
Reeta
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  brocklesby on 11.07.10 12:11

Hi Junie
As you may know or not know I have a recipe site on the forum under Eric the Chef.
I have Emailed Reeta today as i have had medical problems with my wife for some time and explained the circumstances with her.
I also had problems with my oven which is a JML it packed up and had lots of toing and froing with them. Now I have it sorted out I hope to contribute more recipes to the forum
Nice to see someone is willing to help Reeta with this mammoth task
Eric
brocklesby
brocklesby

THANK YOU : 24

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 11.07.10 12:39

Hi Eric

Thanks for your message. I wish you and your wife well. I'm sorry you have been having a hard time. Life can throw many things our way, not all of them good or welcome. I hope you have more sunshine in your life soon.

sunny

I'm sorry too that your oven has given you problems and glad you are now sorted. I look forward to seeing and trying further recipes from you.

I believe that the forum makes a real difference to those of us new to this method of cooking. A forum is only as good as its' contributions. I'm an enthusiastic amateur and very happy to help with the site.

Best wishes
June
junie
junie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: