Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Has anyone dealt with Ideal World shopping channel?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Has anyone dealt with Ideal World shopping channel?

Post  megan46 on 06.03.10 5:18

I bought a large halogen oven from this shopping channel less than 1 month ago. It came with a hinged lid and all sorts of accessories - two racks, tongs, extension ring, steamer plate and round baking tray. It cost £59.95 for an 11 L oven.

I loved it.

Today, when cooking some carrot cakes, the power went off. I thought the fuse had gone. I changed the fuse but the power still won't come back on.

Any ideas before I have to send it back? Has anyone dealt with this channel before and know what they are like about replacing goods?

Megan

megan46

THANK YOU : 10

Back to top Go down

Re: Has anyone dealt with Ideal World shopping channel?

Post  junie on 06.03.10 19:35

Hi Megan
My Mum has dealt with this channel many times and has never had any problem with them. I hope you find the same. When your oven is so new there really shouldn't be an issue in getting a replacement from any retailer.
good luck, Junie

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  mo on 07.03.10 10:12

Megan, I have bought many things from Ideal World and they are excellent on returns, never any questions, just get your money back. I hope you get things sorted quickly.

mo

Back to top Go down

Post  megan46 on 08.03.10 8:37

Many thanks for your replies. Sorry if my spelling is off but I have lost my reading glasses and am wearing my grandsons and can't see properly.

Customer services telephones yesterday but guess what, I plugged my oven in again on the morning and it was working fine. Cooked dinner in it.

They said if it happens again just to contact them and they will arrange a replacement oven for me. Can't say fairer than that!

megan46

Back to top Go down

Post  mo on 08.03.10 9:47

So pleased Ideal World came up trumps as usual.

If you are a Granny you must be a bit like me, strange things happen to all your appliances and then the next time you try them they work fine again! Nice to hear from someone else who is the same! Embarassed

mo

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 08.03.10 12:10

Hi Megan

I am pleased that you got a positive response from Ideal World. Very Happy
I am wondering if your oven has the same little quirk that mine does ie: if I set the timer for less than 5 minutes, it either won't come on or it switches itself off almost immediately. I just have to turn the timer further round and use my kitchen timer for short times.

junie

Back to top Go down

Post  mo on 08.03.10 17:25

Yes, mine is like that, I thought mine had broken down on the weekend but then I realised I had put it on, as I thought, for just three more minutes, and of course that wasn't long enough. I too use my kitchen timer and just turn the oven off when the time is up, the timer will continue clicking around until its time is up, so no harm done.

mo

Back to top Go down

Post  megan46 on 09.03.10 17:13

Many thanks for the kind words. My son says his halogen lights on the fish tank have a quirk where if he switches them off when they are hot they won't turn on again until they are cold. I also found a hint that if you lift the lid while the heating light is not on the oven will not restart if you don't put the lid back on within thirty seconds - which is probably what I did. I'm trying it out by only opening the lid when the cooking light is on so we'll see how I get on.

PS Found my reading glasses so I can see again. My grand-daughter had taken them home thinking they were hers. Her dad only knew as she was complaining of not being able to see out of them properly LOL.

megan46

Back to top Go down

Post  polegate on 10.03.10 16:15

I had the same problem oven worked now and then, phoned JML no problem, they arranged courier to pick it up, then they sent me a new one, I would shop with them again

polegate

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 10.03.10 17:28

It's nice to know that good customer service can still be found clap

junie

Back to top Go down

Post  qvcaddict on 29.03.10 21:45

i bought mine thru amazon any probs with the company that you buy from amazon sorts it out,bought the very big flavorwave turbo and so far no problems,ive had stuff from ideal world and never had any probs with them same as qvc

qvcaddict

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:31

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum