Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Cheap accessories for 7 L oven

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cheap accessories for 7 L oven

Post  rfk68 on 19.04.12 9:00

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody knows where to get a couple of accessories for a 7L oven?

The two items I'm after specifically are an extender ring and steamer tray.

I've seen some accessory packs but they include items I don't really need (although the skewers would come in handy if I had a voodoo doll....!!!!!).

Not too expensive ideas would be welcome as I'm "between jobs" at the moment Crying or Very sad

rfk68

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Cheap accessories for 7 L oven

Post  Admin on 19.04.12 10:24

There's a good deal with Andrew James at the moment.

Halogen Oven Accessories For Any 7 Litre Ovens includes extender ring, baking and steamer tray and four skewers.

Was £29.95
Now £12.95

Click here: 7 Litre Accessories

Sorry voodoo doll not included

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Accesories for 7L halogen oven

Post  rfk68 on 19.04.12 17:34

Hi Reeta,

Thanks for that!

Seems quite a decent bundle for the price. Most of that pack will come in very, very handy

Shame about the skewers though, there's a few sat in the House of Commons that are well deserved recipients!!!! drunk

Cheers.
# cheers

rfk68

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 19.04.12 20:22

rfk68 wrote:Shame about the skewers though, there's a few sat in the House of Commons that are well deserved recipients!!!! drunk Cheers.cheers
order, order

lol!

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  rfk68 on 19.04.12 21:00

Hi Reeta,

Thanks for the tip does seem an excellent package and just what I need.

I'll order the trays and extender ring then send the skewers down to Westminster - with all the stabbings in the back with our enlightened and esteemed representatives they'll probably get used more in the H of C ...... !!!!! Evil or Very Mad afraid

coolsmiley

rfk68

Back to top Go down

Post  dazzle. on 06.02.14 16:29

get rid of the useless tongs go to Lidl where you buy your cheap chickens and buy a barbeque set. A round cake cake tin is ideal as cooker lid holder.

dazzle.

Back to top Go down

Post  rfk68 on 06.02.14 18:53

Good tip. Never really thought of that!! Cheers

rfk68

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 06.02.14 23:33

dazzle. wrote:    A round cake cake tin is ideal as cooker lid holder.

As long as you have a lot of room I don't so I love my lid stand as it holds the lid upright which a round cake tin wouldn't do

LesleyM

THANK YOU : 67

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 06.02.14 23:45

rfk68 wrote:

Not too expensive ideas would be welcome as I'm "between jobs" at the moment  Crying or Very sad  

Good luck with the job hunt but in the meantime there is this consolation- I only really started 2 and a bit weeks ago and apart from one chicken roast most of it has been basic-you know get in throw a frozen cod in batter and some chips in

We've spent about £40 in 2 weeks and now have a stock of odds and ends in the freezer that could last a week..okay it's mostly for Dave since Mon-Fri I'm at work and have a canteen

So it certainly saves money as before this we used to get a lot of takeaways

LesleyM

Back to top Go down

Post  rfk68 on 07.02.14 18:19

Hi Lesley M. Thanks for the good wishes. Job hunt now sorted (thank God!!) So all OK on that front...don't worry about the basics!! I was a mere novice a couple of years ago and made a few mess ups in the early days. I can now say, after 2 years, you do get used to the halogen way of cooking and all OK for me now. In fact, and I am being very honest here, I have not used a conventional oven since the day I received my halogen version. Nuff said and happy cooking....!! Believe me, it does improve with use.......

rfk68

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 07.02.14 21:36

First up congratulations on the job front

I haven't used my oven in about 7 years, too expensive to pre-heat and my partners disabilities meant he found it increasingly hard and increasingly less safe to use. So we've used the ring on the cooker, the microwave, the George Foreman grill and takeaways in that time. With varying degrees of success- and most of it has been expensive on the food front so having read about halogen ovens then having a friend mention hers (as in the context of her bowl mysteriously cracked for some reason) and having her tell me how great they are I got one.

Well do far I've managed to leave a mark on my wrist that looks like I tried to slash it - extender ring burn although given situation at work I just might try and convince my boss it was a wrist slash due to her bullying and some malicious allegations at work so I can watch her backpedal.

My first attempt I forgot the set the temp and I tried to clean the oven on the "thaw" setting..

But I'm so in love with it! Ironically Dave still can't use it, he claims the lid is too heavy but I'm not massively bothered as it's so easy to use and in a way easier than a microwave as in bringing home a ready meal means I then have to rush round and unpack shopping etc while it's doing..this I just load it I know I can leave it to get on with the job in hand safely so I can unpack my shopping, make myself a coffee or open a beer, sit down and talk and unwind etc whilst it sits there and gets on with the cooking then once it's done it's a seconds job to empty it

I admit I've not been adventorous so far apart from a chicken breast boneless joint with roasted vegetables, which was a little overdone but not so badly it couldn't be saved by applying a generous amount of gravy but it's less than 2 weeks so I am learning

When we get round to having the kitchen refitted our old oven is going to a scrap heap I'm going to get a tabletop ring or two then put shelves where the cooker is- our flat is very small so any extra storage space is very welcome and just have the halogen on top of the shelves

LesleyM

Back to top Go down

Post  rfk68 on 08.02.14 8:12

Cheers - thanks for your kind words regarding the job! At 7 years of halogen oven use it makes my 2 years look like a complete novice!! At least we're getting there! I think my next purchase will be a 12 L one as, I think, the 7 L size is just a tad too small. I particularly like the newer ones with the digital timer so I'll price those up in the near future. Either way, it looks like the conventional oven has been confined to the bin - well, non-use anyway...!!!

rfk68

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 08.02.14 19:08

rfk68 wrote:b! At 7 years of halogen oven use it makes my 2 years look like a complete novice!! At least we're getting there! I think my next purchase will be a 12 L one

I hadn't used my oven for about 7 years my halogen use will be 2 weeks next Tuesday

If you're looking at a 12L I cannot recommend the Andrew James one enough- plus it comes with pretty much all the accesories you'll need apart from the air wave fryer which is £19.95 should you feel the need. Personally I was looking at the Phillips air wave machines before I got my halogen as they are healthier way to fry but they cost twice what I spent and more and don't roast/bake etc but with the air wave ring I can fry with no extra oil and still have the roast/bake etc from the halogen itself

LesleyM

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 08.02.14 19:58

LesleyM wrote:  Personally I was looking at the Phillips air wave machines before I got my halogen as they are healthier way to fry but they cost twice what I spent

I stand corrected! A friend popped round so I shoved some extra fish fingers and potato wedges on and he was well impressed with the results and he said he was thinking about getting a Phillips air wave fryer so we had a look at the prices- the cheapest one we found was £179!

Andrew James are getting an order tomorrow from him for a 12L plus an air wave frier....I think we have a convert or we soon will! He lives on his own and like us finds the oven too big and expensive to use

LesleyM

Back to top Go down

Post  rfk68 on 09.02.14 10:50

Thanks for that! I believe the Andrew James one comes very highly recommended and is extremely good value for money. I've also had a look at these air wave fryers but £179 is - in my opinion - too pricey for a one use item (i.e. - frying). I'm sure I've seen one for about £99 on one of those shopping channels on Sky TV. There's that many of them, though, I can't remember which one...!

rfk68

Back to top Go down

Post  LesleyM on 09.02.14 23:27

[quote="rfk68"]Thanks for that! I believe the Andrew James one comes very highly recommended and is extremely good value for money[quote]

From amazon including a Saturday delivery mine was £63 for a 12L with most accessories and I added the air fryer which was another £20 so £83 in total - given how much we used to spend on takeaways whereras now we shove stuff in the halogen after 2 weeks we must be half way to it paying for itself

LesleyM

Back to top Go down

Post  rfk68 on 10.02.14 6:55

I see - an airfryer for the halogen oven?!! Not seen those before, must try one out!

rfk68

Back to top Go down

Post  yorkielass on 10.02.14 13:51

I just bought the airfryer attachment from play.com and payed £9.99 inc delivery, by far the cheapest I found its for 10 to 12l ovens though and it fits my Andrew James perfectly. I have also decided its safer than the extender ring so simply close the vents pop the mesh tray out and there you go a extender ring with handles lol

yorkielass

THANK YOU : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  rfk68 on 10.02.14 18:37

Still a much cheaper version than the standalone air fryer. Must investigate that one...!

rfk68

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:31

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum