Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Bad luck with first HO meal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bad luck with first HO meal

Post  P4T on 15.04.12 15:20

my boyfriend bought us a halogen oven a week ago and we made our first meal on Friday night, sausage casserole. I love to cook but struggle without recipes as I'm not that creative. I couldn't figure out how i could make a casserole in the oven as the dish is so large. Should I have put my normal casserole dish into the oven, possibly sitting on the rack. We ended up just throwing everything into the dish with shallow broth. Also, the root veg didn't cook, we had potatoes and carrots, and this was after 2 hours. and the pearl barly didn't cook either. In the end it was sausage sandwiches, as the meat did cook. I'm not disheartened by this it all. We have a pork joint to cook tonight, and hope that the skin crackles, as it never does when it's cooked in our gas oven. I'm going to do some online research for the pork as I don't want to mess up a nice, big cut of meat. Any recommendations on cook books please?
Thanks,
Priscilla

P4T

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Bad luck with first HO meal

Post  junie on 15.04.12 15:59

Welcome Pricilla

Check out Amazon for your cook books as you can turn some of the pages before you buy.

Placing ingredients directly in the glass bowl is a bad idea as the heat can't circulate underneath - it can be done but it takes forever. Use the search box to find previous posts and recipes fo 'casserole' and 'pork' for example and this should help you. If you can't find what you need please ask and we'll try to help if we can.

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  P4T on 15.04.12 16:15

Thanks Junie for the advice, will check out Amazon, and I found a pork recipe posted which I'm going to try tonight!

P4T

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 15.04.12 19:43

Welcome to the forum Priscilla.

We are happy to see you on board.

Here's the Link to Amazon Halogen oven Recipe Books http://astore.amazon.co.uk/websitforregi-21?_encoding=UTF8&node=3

welcome

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 21:27

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum