Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Hi from Cheshire

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi from Cheshire

Post  manic123 on 03.04.12 14:22

Hi everyone I have the:
Andrew James 12 LTR Black Premium Halogen Oven Cooker + FREE Easily Replaceable Spare Bulb + 2 YEAR WARRANTY + FREE 128 page Recipe Book - Complete with Extender Ring (Up to 17 Litres) Lid Holder, Baking Tray, Steamer Tray, Skewers, Low and High Racks
I just got it last week and am enjoying this forum with so many recipes and advice. cool

I am an avid baker and love cooking and creating a large variety of foods. As it seems there are a wide variety of ho's on the market all at several different wattage's would it not be better when you post a recipe to include your HO and wattage as this is what makes recipe's so variable. On Microwave instructions they always list several different times for wattage's so the ho should be the same (although the only use for a microwave has been as a plate warmer in my house). I have been around the forum for a few days and have not come across this topic yet so if I missed it, sorry I\'m new here happy-dancing

Vicky

manic123

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from Cheshire

Post  junie on 03.04.12 16:29

Welcome Vicky

It's good to see you here.

Unfortunately there are more variables in a HO than a microwave including wattage, efficiency, fan speed and height of the racks, never mind whatever dishes the cook is using. Microwave instructions are usually printed on the packaging that goes directly in the microwave, everyone then uses exactly the same and there's no debate about preheating to take into account. Microwaves are all rated as to their output too.

It wouldn't do any harm for anyone to say what oven they are using and it's wattage but there really shouldn't be that much difference if they all heat up to the required temperature with the thermostat. I now have my third different model of HO and I, personally, find the differences to be very small. Smile

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  manic123 on 04.04.12 17:52

Thanks for the info, I tend to over think things sometimes. If everyone always preheated then you can be sure of the correct temp being true but if I have a 900w and list a recipe for 10 mins and you have a 1500w and do the same following my recipe (not knowing my wattage and not pre-heating) then your HO would cook faster/hotter and over cook what mine does in 10 mins.

I am having good luck so far and cooked a chocolate sponge cake yesterday and beefburgers for lunch and both came out perfectly cool. I have a recipe on the go for a Friendship cake (takes 30 days and you get 3 cakes from it) which will be ready next week and my normal oven is broken so I am hoping I can get them to come out right too Chef

manic123

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 04.04.12 21:32

If you preheat there won't be too much difference as you say (most Hos are 1100-1300w anyway). The time to get to the required temperature would be the biggest variable.

I'm glad you are getting the results that you want from your HO, at the end of the day, that's really all that matters Smile

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 05.04.12 0:01

welcome to the forum Vicky

I am glad you have joined us

welcome

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down