Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

My Halogen Oven Wish List

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Halogen Oven Wish List

Post  neo111 on 02.04.12 12:49

Halogen Oven Wish List

1. Sides of the bowl high enough to do away with the need for an extension ring.
2. Bowl made of Pyrex glass to make it stronger.
3. An easy method to replace and identify the correctly rated Halogen Bulbs.
4. Packaging that includes the details of the size of the oven and its wattage.
5. A recipe book that makes sense and is well written included.
6. Decent quality racks and optional accessories.
7. Decent Customer service contact numbers and spare parts availablity list.

neo111

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: My Halogen Oven Wish List

Post  junie on 02.04.12 18:18

Hi neo111

It's not exactly rocket science so we can always hope that one day a manufacturer will listen to our comments Rolling Eyes

Some get some of your wish list right, in all fairness, but others don't even come close.

I do think, however, that the glass bowl is heavy enough without making it taller and the extender ring provides a compromise in that department.

What do others think Question

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  ozziejude on 02.04.12 20:44

Hi All
If the cook books were well written and worked we would have missed out on this wonderful site and meeting the people who love to help each other.
I think you will find the toughened glass, they use is stronger then pyrex, if the glass bowl was any bigger I do not think I could lift it.
Customer service? I do not think there is such a thing these days no matter what you buy, it has be come a throw away society, in my life time I have gone from wood stove to a halogen oven, and still learning.
I am even learning to use a forum Shocked
Ozziejude

ozziejude

THANK YOU : 57

Back to top Go down

Post  neo111 on 03.04.12 8:46

Hi all.

I made this wish list because Halogen oven cooking is still a relatively new way to prepare food and so I bet that manfacturers will be looking at sites like this to get ideas to improve their products. The smart ones will anyway.

I agree that extending the height of the bowl would make it heavier. As a well built male that is not much of a problem, but for a smaller female I can see where that might make things harder. clap Perhaps including an extender ring as standard instead of an optional extra would be a better idea?

I am not sure however that all of the bowls are made of toughened glass because several have warned that sudden cooling can break the bowl. That should not be happening. confused In these days there is no excuse for this kind of thing and the potential dangers are really serious. My guess is that this is occurring because of substandard copies from distant lands finding their way here and the authorities need to crack down on this kind of thing. If there is no kite mark don't buy it, I guess is the best advice. It's all a matter of engineering.

On the cook book issue, I take your point. However, I noticed a few people getting frustrated and talking about dumping their new cooker because they were trying to follow the rubbish advice in the so-called 'cook books' provided with some of the models. So, although their bad experiences drove them to this great forum, how many just threw away the cookers and went back to their standard ways of doing things? Bad news spreads quickly and it will be word of mouth that will make or break this technology. Remember Betamax video recorders and Ratners jewlery?

I am long in the tooth these days also. I was born in 1953 and I have seen some great changes that have made our lives so much easier today. I am with you on that one Ozziejude. sunny

I have no doubts that given time some manufacturers will emerge as market leaders because some serious thought and design will happen to these products. Can't wait for that day to arrive. This technology is still in its infancy I guess. Even so, I am very glad to have stumbled across it and this great forum.

neo111

THANK YOU : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  ozziejude on 03.04.12 9:54

I am so long in the tooth we never had TV here until I was ten.
I have seen some adverts for a metal bowl one here in Australia they say you can sear with the bowl on your stove, then put the bowl on the stand, put the lid on and cook,(you also get a lid with out the halogen thingy so you can leave it on the stove top) I think you do not have to use a dish for stews etc.
It is a Mistral searing oven one of the stores here had them advertised but when I got there none left so I did not see it
Ozziejude

ozziejude

THANK YOU : 57

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:23

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum