Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Halogen Oven Recipes
Ads Links
HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

Cheapest deals for Halogen ovens, recipe books and accessories.

Enter shop > HALOGEN OVEN SHOP

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services.

By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.

Learn More

Ok Now What?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ok Now What?

Post  Gateway on 22.03.12 16:36

Hi Everyone

Just took delivery of my new cookshop oven and thought I would impress "Er in Doors" and check to see if this HO works! So had mince the other night which I cooked the "other way" so decided to see how quick this would warm it up again! Hummmmm! placed on a low rack setting in a pryrex oven dish some 22mins later!still cold!I was using a low fan setting and oven set to 260C something has got to be wrong here folks!! Or is it just me being stupid!(No need to answer that one in detail..lol)Er in doors was not impressed here and need to pull this one out of the Oven so too speak in order that It and me doesnt get sent to the side lines!

Anyway Name is Ans! look forward to being told i got this all wrong and should have done this that way and the other way instead..lol

Ans..Sad

Gateway

THANK YOU : 0

Back to top Go down

Re: Ok Now What?

Post  Admin on 22.03.12 21:19

welcome-banner.gif to the forum Ans

we are glad you have joined us.

Please see your other post for my reply

I don't believe that you are stupid Ans. If Albert Einstein was still alive, he would probably be asking others for advice about cooking pizza in the halogen oven. HO = soggy bottom
lol!

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

mince reheated

Post  bridgette_1956 on 23.03.12 4:31

hi brenda here
im stepping away from the HO for a moment, but i would of just reheated the mince in the microwave for 10 mins stirring once or twice if you dont have a micro you probably should of preheated the HO but before that removed the mince from the fridge half hour or so before to come to room temp made sure the bowl you were reheating the mince in was not too cold (from fridge) in other words transfer the mince to a bowl from the pantry, the colder the ingredients to heat the longer it takes as the oven has to work harder and reheat at a high temp 200c for precooked food.
hope this helps
regards brenda

bridgette_1956

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 23.03.12 11:02

Welcome Ans

You'll get there in the eend. I'm glad you have joined us. Smile

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Thank You All

Post  Gateway on 23.03.12 12:40

Well didn't know I had to leave at room temp neither did I know that i had to pre-heat the Ho my excuse is that I am a man..lol

Am going to try these tips and thank you all for such a great welcome..Smile

Ans

P.s Goint to try Bacon eggs Toms & sausage on Sat morning that will be fun..lol

Gateway

Back to top Go down

OK NOW WHAT

Post  bridgette_1956 on 23.03.12 20:43

brenda here again
reheating foods dont HAVE to be at room temp but it helps alot with time etc BUT reheating the oven is a neccesity (someone quote me if im wrong) you never put food straight into an unheated oven the oven just dosent heat up properly or takes forever.

regarding your breaky of sausages etc you might like to take a minute to read a recipe from this sight re cooking them, from what ive read and am learning low rack 190c but keep an eye on them you dont want a burnt or raw breaky.
JUST TYPE SAUSAGES IN THE SEARCH BOX TOP LEFT HAND CORNER OF PAGE.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BREAKY AND ENJOY IT

bridgette_1956

THANK YOU : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: preheating the oven,

Post  Admin on 25.03.12 17:53

bridgette_1956 wrote:reheating the oven is a neccesity, you never put food straight into an unheated oven the oven just dosent heat up properly or takes forever.

Hi guys,
you don't have to preheat the halogen oven for everything you cook.

For certain food such as pizzas, cakes, pies / pastries, breads - yes it works best if you preheat the HO.

The oven heats up very quickly but the problem is because the heat is coming from the top, it takes a longer time to heat the bottom of the oven if a tray of food is blocking the way and that's why you get soggy bottoms with pizzas, cakes, breads etc

Hope this clarifies a few things

Admin
Admin

THANK YOU : 506

Back to top Go down

Post  horatio on 29.03.12 17:53

Hi everyone,

cooked a gingerbread cake on the lower grid of the oven last week, but half of it was un-cooked! I realized later that I had bottom-lined it with baking parchment and the oven did not like this. I will probably try again with no paper.

Horatio

horatio

Back to top Go down

Post  junie on 29.03.12 18:02

Welcome Horatio

The baking parchment wouldn't be to blame. Here is a link to our Troubleshhoting - Baking Cakes section

http://halogenovenrecipes.forumotion.com/t2048-baking-cakes#7448

Have a good read around the forum when you get the time - there's a lot of help already posted here Smile

junie

THANK YOU : 373

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 0:56

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum